Thread: WiFi Link 5100 AGN drivers crashes with windows 7

WiFi Link 5100 AGN drivers crashes with windows 7

Hello friends I am using computer and I have connected Wi-Fi Link 5100 AGN adapter with my computer. From last few weeks I am facing one annoying issues with my computer. Actually first I was using windows vista operating system with my computer and after that I have upgrade my operating system windows 7 and then Wi-Fi Link 5100 AGN drivers crashes in my computer. Now please tell me how to get rid of this issue?

Re: WiFi Link 5100 AGN drivers crashes with windows 7

Well according to me you should first remove the WiFi Link 5100 AGN adapter from your computer and after that start the computer and then remove the drivers which you have installed in your computer. Now after removing the drivers from your computer insert the WiFi Link 5100 AGN in your computer and after doing that start the computer. Now your computer will detect the card and it will install the drivers or it will prompt you for the drivers file at that time select the installer file and then click on the ok and after that you will not face any issue.

I think you are facing this problem because the drivers which you are using in your computer. According to you should visit the official website of the Intel and after that you have to go to the support page and after that there you have to click on the downloads option. Now you have to click on the Intel Driver Update Utility Wireless and after that click on the check for the driver updates. Now it will automatically find the drivers and recommend you to install.

Thank you so much for helping me after reading your post I have tried to solve this problem by removing the Wi-Fi Link 5100 AGN adapter from my computer and after reinstalling the drivers but that didn’t helped and then I have installed updated drivers from Intel official website and after doing that driver is not crashing in my computer, but in my computer wireless connection gets disconnected randomly please tell me how to fix this issue. any help will be appreciated.

First check that you are facing Wireless disconnection issue with any single device or you are facing this issue with every wireless device with your computer? if you are facing this with any particular device then I think there might be something wrong with device and if you are getting the same problem with every device then there is some problem with your Wi-Fi Link 5100 AGN adapter.

Well if you are facing the same problem with other wireless device also then I think you have to disable the power option in your wireless device setting from your device manager and after disabling the power option your WIFI connection will remain constant. I was also experiencing the same problem with my computer and after that I get this solution from Intel support and my problem gets solved. I hope this trick will solve your issue.

Well I after going through your post I opened device manager in my computer and after that I select the Wi-Fi Link 5100 AGN option from my device manager. Now after doing that I have open the properties of the Wi-Fi Link 5100 AGN and then I have clicked on the power option tab. now from there I have disable the power option in my computer. Now after doing that all the things are working fine in my computer.