Thread: How to do recording of the live instruments on Garageband?

How to do recording of the live instruments on Garageband?

Well I am having a MacBook pro and I have installed Garageband on the laptop of mine. by using this particular software I am looking use this particular software for the purpose of the recording of live instruments recording. Let me know if you have done the thing which I have asked over here in this particular thread. Which interface should I use to make the thing working for me. Any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to do recording of the live instruments on Garageband?

I am suggesting the best way to get the interface you have to use the Motu 8Pre.according to me it will be the best thing which you can do to make the thing working for you. Another way is to get the Firewire for the recording of 8 tracks at a single moment of the time. You can have 8 tracks and you will be able to record all the tracks at the given moment of the time. So try the same and let me know whether it was useful to you.

I think I have figure out the thing which you have asked over here in this particular thread. Unfortunately I have not come to know something like multi tack record on the Grageband together. However I am not wrong you can make the thing working for you. If you are using multi track recording unit so that you will be able to record all the track and you need to send all the tracks one after another on Garageband and you should play the same. yes it would be quite lengthy stuff to do but you can make the thing working for you.

To get the requirement of yours I have seen the most efficient thing is you have to use the mixing board. You should send the Output to the Garageband. You should simply do the sample recording so that you will be able to figure out that all the levels are proper. Once you have noticed that level are right you should simply begun with recording. If you are having enough amount of money than you can go for Logic setup and see whether it is working or not.

I have read somewhere in the manual and I let you know that you will be able to record 8 instruments together. Make sure that that you are having the correct interface otherwise you will not be able to make the thing working for you. You need to set the GB to each and every real channel input to the respected output from the interface. If you are looking to have the record guitar or vocal then you should run the outputs from the Guitar and Microphone at the stereo input on the Mac of yours.

Well thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. after looking at the responses which you have mentioned over here i think I am going to use the PreSonus FireWire interfaces. I know it will be quite expensive but I will purchase the same to make the thing working . I will share the experience after working on the same so that other users who are having the same query will understand thing from it.