Thread: How to maximize button in Canvas?

How to maximize button in Canvas?

Since past few couple of weeks I am trying to use this code to determine the current screen resolution in my monitor and enable or disable the maximize button in the size width defined in the argument. However, it is not working for me app.open. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance.

Code:
    Check the current resolution and set application accordingly
      Dim intWidth As integer
      Dim intHeight As integer
      intWidth = Screen(0).availablewidth
      intHeight = Screen(0).availableheight

If intWidth > 1024 Then
        frmMain.MaximizeButton=False    
      Else
        frmMain.MaximizeButton=True
      End

Re: How to maximize button in Canvas?

Normally, the activation state of the window buttons are managed by the operating system, in any case, the only options we have as developers are simply whether visible or not. I'm not at my Windows machine at the time (which is when it comes to the office), but on the Mac, at least, the Maximize button remains active regardless of the size of the window, even at the maximum. Amctavis As indicated, this can be a barrier rather than operating under a RB one. If the ability to change the enabled state of buttons are available, however, I'm willing to bet that the MBS plug-ins that have some functionality.

You can allow yourself to use the following code. Do use it in Windows with declare. I have edited for you.

Code:
    Sub DisableMaximizeButton()
      const GWL_STYLE = -16
      const WS_MAXIMIZEBOX = &h10000
      const WM_NCPAINT = &h85

declare function GetWindowLong lib "user32" alias "GetWindowLongA" (hWnd as integer, nIndex as integer) as integer
      declare function SetWindowLong lib "user32" alias "SetWindowLongA" (hWnd as integer, nIndex as integer, value as integer) as integer
      declare function SendMessage lib "user32" alias "SendMessageA" (hWnd as integer, msg as integer, wparam as integer, lparam as integer) as integer

dim n, ret as integer

n = GetWindowLong(self.Handle, GWL_STYLE)
      n = bitwise.bitand(n, (bitwise.OnesComplement(WS_MAXIMIZEBOX)))
      ret = SetWindowLong(self.Handle, GWL_STYLE, n)
      ret= SendMessage(self.Handle, WM_NCPAINT, 0, 0)

End Sub

Unfortunately, no! My toolbar graphic is attached to the main window (actually the only). The text menu (File, Edit, View, etc.) are all connected to the MDI window outside. Obviously I want to match the size of the MDI window, so the ultimate code. However, even when maximized MIN / MAX / off button inside the window are displayed. Therefore, I have to hide them in Windows. On Linux and OS X, this is an issue not as MDI is not handled by a sinister visible "father" of the window.

As I see it, my options are three to figure out some way to: 1) set the graphics toolbar for MDI and hide everything on the inside window 2) has the menu bar (not to be confused with toolbar graphics) on the main present window and MDI completely beyond or 3) simply hide the MIN / MAX / Close buttons in the internal window.

I have used it, but I think Tim has given me what I want. The problem I am trying to solve has nothing to do with the actual size of the window, and everything to do with how it looks on every platform. In OS XI obviously want the default MIN / MAX / CLOSE. However, in Windows, due to the nature of MDI ends with two sets of MIN / MAX / CLOSE (one for the internal window, and one for the MDI window). The reason for is that the use of MDI is for (besides my toolbar icon elegant) and displays the main menu (ie File, Edit, etc.). So, basically, "shrink wrap" the main program window to the MDI window.

Note that the below code for SendMessage is way to refresh the non-client area. I am sure it will work properly.
    Code:
    dim n, ret as integer
      dim mb as new MemoryBlock(16)

n = GetWindowLong(self.Handle, GWL_STYLE)
      n = bitwise.bitor(n, WS_MAXIMIZEBOX)
      ret = SetWindowLong(self.Handle, GWL_STYLE, n)
      ret= SendMessage(self.Handle, WM_NCPAINT, 0, 0)

End Sub