Thread: how can upgrade Satellite L455D Turion Processor

how can upgrade Satellite L455D Turion Processor

I have A105 S4064. I am using that from last one year. Its working is fine till last month.but in a last month I flashed my A105 S4064with 11/28/2007 ACPI Flash BIOS version 6.00 for Tecra A7 (Intel). After that the system asking me a password to start. I am trying various passwords for that but it cannot be started (this is done by manual which get with that device). I am trying to reset or delete that password but I could not do anything. please anyone is available there to help me. Please give me some idea to solve this problem.

re: how can upgrade Satellite L455D Turion Processor

As per your description I can make out your problem. I will give you an advice to take your machine to the Toshiba service center. I think they can give you an option to reset that password. I can also give you an advice to check out your computer’s BIOS version and try to update it. Please check that is there any newer BIOS available or not. If you are a user of Windows Vista then click the Windows Start button, type "msinfo32" in the Search field, and press Enter. The System Information utility will appear, listing the computer's BIOS version in the pane at right. Or you are windows XP user then , click the Windows Start button, click Run, type "msinfo32" in the Open field, and press Enter. The System Information utility will appear, listing the computer's BIOS version in the pane at right. I hope this information provide you the better support.

You can visit the Toshiba Support website at support.toshiba.com and download the things according to your model of system. after going on the search results page,you have to click the All Categories field, then click BIOS. then you can see a new results page will appear, showing just the current BIOS version for your computer. If you try to click the link for the BIOS, then it will be the Change History will appear, allowing you to review revisions to successive versions of the BIOS. the System Information utility displays lower version than Toshiba Support website. The fix for the password prompt problem may be listed as "auto password prompt pop-ups", or in similar words. i hope this information give you better idea about the device which can be helpful to repair your PC. Thank you.

I can give you an idea to clear the password on BIOS. When you are inside the computer be sure you're aware of the potential damage that can be caused by ESD. On the computer motherboard locate the BIOS clear / password jumper or dipswitch and change its position. This jumper is often labeled CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, JCMOS1, CLR, CLRPWD, PASSWD, PASSWORD, PSWD or PWD . you can change the jumper by removing it from the two pins its currently on so that it covers the pin that is not covered. after this jumper has been changed, turn on the computer and the password should be cleared. after clearing, switch off the computer and return the jumper or dipswitch to its original position. In this way you can clear the password.

According to your question I can give you an advice to clear your password. there are several methods available to change or remove the passwords. Here I am giving you one trick to clear the password. This trick is done by removing CMOS battery. To use this trick follow the steps: Removing the CMOS battery will cause the system to loose all CMOS settings including the password. To do this locate and remove the CMOS battery on the motherboard for at least five-minutes. After this has been done put the battery back into the computer and turn it back on. I think by using this trick you can clear your password. I hope it will help you. Thank you.

I read your problem. I think you can easily remove the password and runoff of this problem. This problem is not often so I cannot give you guaranty to solve problem. Even though here I am giving you some ideas to try out. You can Jump the CMOS solder beads. Older computers and especially older laptops don't have jumpers or dipswitches and require the user to jump a pair of solder beads on a circuit board. The location and idntification of these solder beads can change and if not available in computer documentation is only obtainable through the computer manufacturer. If you have identified the solder beads then they can be jumped by placing a flat-head screwdriver on the two beads and leaving it on those beads while turning on the computer. Once the computer has booted turn the computer switched off and then try to remove the screwdriver.