Thread: Intel Turbo Memory driver and Windows 7 64bits Professional

Intel Turbo Memory driver and Windows 7 64bits Professional

In the new configuration of the Lenovo ThinkPad T61p they are having the Windows 7 64bits Professional SP1 and I am having some problem with the Turbo Memory driver. When I installed the Intel Turbo Memory driver in that then, the built in “Windows Update” was not working. Whenever I try to do the update then I get the message as windows update is not able to fulfill search of updates. Can you tell me that what is the problem with this and how can this be solved? Thank you.

Re: Intel Turbo Memory driver and Windows 7 64bits Professional

Is this problem started recently? If that is true then you can do the system restore to your computer and it will resolve the problem that you are facing. It’s very easy to do the system restore. All you will have to do is open the system utility and from there open the system restore. When it asks you for the time then just select the date when it was working well and restore it to that day. After doing this, you may get your system working again.

The chipset drivers which are installed in your computer might be outdated and for that reason you are facing the issues like this. So what you can do is do th installation of the Intel ChipSet Utility and make sure that you are doing that from the Intel’s web site. Just follow the simple instructions by the chipset driver setup and let it install on your computer. I hope that this will solve the problem that you are facing.

Do you have installed the “Microsoft Security Essentials” in your computer? If yes then you will have to uninstall that and install it again. After installing that again, you will have to update the database of that. Now reboot the system and see if the update is working or not. I don’t know that what is the logic behind this but I did the same when I was getting the similar problem and it works for me. So I hope that it will do the same for you.

For this issue, you can simply go to the Lenovo’s web site and from there do the installation of the ThinkVantage System Update program. It will be useful for you. It will help you to reduce the time, effort, and expense that is needed to support as well as maintain the latest drivers, BIOS and also the additional applications intended for Think otherwise Lenovo systems. So try this and I am sure that it will be helpful to you.

You can try to do the above mentioned things and see if that helps you to solve the problem or not. But before you start with any of this then you will have to ensure that you have disabled all the start-up item form the MSCONFIG and this will make sure that just the Windows based items should load in the system while starting. This will avoid any interrupting programs.

I believe that your hard drive is basis of the difficulty, though you ought to change the hdd to be sure. But I would not do that. First, you will see no increase in performance now that you have 4GB of memory and are running Windows 7. Second, turbo memory has a limited life, and even if you can get it to work, you cannot be sure that it will continue to work. I would disable it in device manager (which is what I did with the turbo memory on my T61) and never give it a second thought.