Thread: Unable to install some programs on Asus EEE PC 900

Unable to install some programs on Asus EEE PC 900

I own a EEE PC 900 and after installing windows on it i am having too much problem with the Existing software as well as with the newly downloaded software. as when I downloaded them and was trying to install them, it was showing different kinds of error with each kind of software, so is this a common problem or just happening with me only? please help me with this as I am not able to intsall my important programs as well, because of that all the schedule went fed up. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unable to install some programs on Asus EEE PC 900

I was also having the problem but the difference was in the operating system itself, as I was using the linux distro and that’s why this was happening, but I came to know how to get out of this rid. We have a utility called package manager through which we can easily install any of the software in the machine, but I have heard about the windows 7 as, but I am not sure whether is any such utility is there for this operating system as well.

See this might be occur if you have made any changes to your computer, so make sure before installing any of the software and off course make the suitable changes if required. Still if you are not able to run that software that means there is some problem in the software itself, and it also happens as software’s are actually good, but because of the compatibility you cannot run them with the operating system that you are using, so for that you can have too many website from there you can simply check the compatibility of the particular software.

Are you sure that the software or the programs that you have are perfectly running? Because see if there is some problem in the setup itself, so whatever you do for installing them they will not install however. So first of all make sure that the programs are running or not, and if suppose there is some problem in the software so you need to get them again, doesn’t matter from wherever you get It, you can download them.

See as you have mentioned that even if you download the latest software from the internet but still you got the same problem, so that might be possible that the site from you are downloading is giving you the corrupted software’s. so according to me you should get the software from any other location apart from the one from there you were downloading previously. i am not sure about this but you can try for sure.

Well, there are certain programs that doesn’t run with the windows 7 directly and for those you can have option to run them in the windows XP compatibility mode. For using this functions you need to open the Program Compatibility Wizard and that you can do but clicking the Start button, after click on the Control Panel, as the windows appear you need to click Programs and lastly click Use an older program with this version of Windows, you need to follow all the instructions appeared on the screen.

See sometimes some of the older programs and may be the newer even don’t run because of some minor issues such as color problem, or the screen resolution problem, or because of the desktop composition, or because of the DPI settings, so you can have option to change all such setting for the program that you want to run. And for this if suppose you want further assistance you can have option to visit the Microsoft’s official website.