Thread: How to download Sansa media converter on Ubuntu

How to download Sansa media converter on Ubuntu

I have newly obtained the Sansa fuze and I am getting a charge out of the music player but there is the situation in that is I was not ready to get the Sansa Media Converter to download onto a laptop running Ubuntu. Serve a useful purpose!? It's not my PC, so I don't know anything regarding the OS. So any guidelines for "counterfeits" could be delightful. Kindly assist me in taking care of the situation. Thanking all in progressed for making me and giving me the inferences.

Re: How to download Sansa media converter on Ubuntu

Why does it not go with Linux? Go ahead guys/gals, this is the year 2008 and Linux is onto every part of the place. You should produce a firmware that will receive and play Avidemux'd motion pictures or go with the wine group to make the ever so risky SMC deal with Linux. And on the period. No, this is not fire snare. I've been utilizing Linux subsequent to 1999 and ability hard it would be able to be to get underpin. SanDisk ought to take the striking move of full out Linux underpin. With the Economy of this planet in a shambles, you could not venture to support to lose any deals. Notwithstanding think you me, you will lose bargains. You're simply going to lose mine. I am able to get a Cowan player that will go with Linux right out of the container and back motion picture playback without windows.

I am as sharp as mustard to get this thing working in some structure or design. Wouldn't it be great if we could challenge it however, motion picture on the Fuze is determined to be pretty faltering, but you actually would like to know you would be able to do it! I don't have access to a Windows box and every last trace of the explanations / workarounds I have perceived have recommended folks utilize WinAVI or AVS for you or some stuff which doesn’t work for me in Ubuntu with Wine. I remain skeptical about that they escape. Where do you suspect every last trace of the re-furbs on the business hail from? Anyhow, hopefully you know, SanDisk is in the course of action of spotting an elective to Sansa Media Converter at this very moment, so there would be trust

Any upgrade as to either a firmware update that takes into account the utilization of standard motion picture indexes to be played on the Fuze (best equipped choice) or a media converter that could work under *nix? I need to state that I concur with all that I've perused so far in that this is a blatantly fabulous mp3 player but to need people undue experiencing utilizing the embodiment of a primitive and destructive thing (I cannot even sincerely call it an Operating System on account of that could infer that it as a matter of fact works) as Windows ought to be up for exploration as a human rights violation. Definitely I'm determined to go spend $300 on something that would be determined to slam my workstation a part and need practically hourly security upgrades actually to transfer movie indexes to my player and while I'm at it I may simultaneously unequivocally post every last trace of my private info on each slat on the virtual world.

Without a doubt, so possibly this is a bit harsh...I'm not attempting to fire but to be told that I undeniably HAVE to utilize Windows to put movie indexes on my Fuze makes me feel love I'm can't help being inquired shoot a toddler in the encounter unequivocally to consume a cheeseburger I at present acquired. I've been a tremendous enthusiast of Sansa items and I lack the capacity to sincerely accept that Sansa would like nothing to do with the gauged 29mil+ Linux users of the planet and I don't have access to a Windows box and every last trace of the keys / workarounds I have perceived have recommended individuals utilize WinAVI or AVS for you or some stuff which doesn’t work for me in Ubuntu with Wine.

The firmware updater makes a point not to take on XP64. Do the folks at Sansa suppose folks just utilize XP? I am freeloaded that the embodiment of an amazing mp3/ogg/flac player sucks as grave as it does for movie. I utilize Ubuntu Studio and 64 Studio. At home I likewise have XP64 so I am able to get SMC to just sort of work. (And then it doesn't even encode films over 1 hour). WHAT EVER THE FIX, are you joking!! I am quite worn out on SanDisk over convoluting job different outfits have even now effortlessly aced.

This may (or may not) be off point... BUT if the Sansa Media Converter is not obligatory, I acquired the unique Nvidia encoder Bad blast. It is amazingly snappy!!! I could probably encode a DVD .iso into a nano-ipdo measured film in under 10 moments! It timekeepers around 168+ outlines for each second... contrasted with handbrake's 24... In light of the fact that it utilizes the GPU of late Nvidia cards.... Notwithstanding the sound synchronize is immaculate. Since the firmware permits the utilization of Bad blast then I could be the happiest camper in town!