Thread: Audacity only records in mono mode

Audacity only records in mono mode

I run a cable from my Roland electronic piano to my computer because my piano in the living room and my computer is in the computer room; I had to use two cables to reach the computer. When I record on piano, it records in mono only. I have selected "2 channels", but seem to work. What am I doing wrong? I have Audacity 1.2.6. When I first downloaded Audacity, stereo recording worked but suddenly stopped working. I am confused and frustrated. Can you help me? Is that the cables? Version of Audacity?

Re: Audacity only records in mono mode

I would expect the 1 / 4 "Mono to 1 / 8" stereo cable would be wise to "simulate" a stereo signal. However, the microphone is on a computer, unless you are given the possibility that the change in the user equipment is mono. The connection on the right channel is normally occupied by the battery of the microphone. I have a team that gives me a mono signal path joins the team left and right. You can have the same tools on your computer, but that's a Windows desktop, not Audacity. Audacity is a complete slave to what the team is doing.

You may have other problems that have not yet ruled. Roland Stereo The show will be nearly a thousand times stronger than a micro-respect can be treated. Almost everyone who tried this cross complains pop, clicking and popping sound. Audacity 1.2 is very old and no longer supported, patch, update or correct.

My PC is a Dell Dimension E520. I'm running Windows XP. What confuses me is that when I first downloaded Audacity has worked well. But when I record my playing the piano there are two channels, but only the top is blue and channel recording. The bottom panel is a straight line. All the plugs I'm using the stereo connectors are the two black rings. And because my piano is in the other room, as I said, I had to patch three wires together to get to my computer. All connections are using the same 1 / 8 "stereo plugs.

I doubt that is the solution, but it will make problem solving easier problems, such as Audacity 1.3 can be configured in a more rational 1.2. Also save a lot of confusion, as is also the version we all use (because it's all a better program), so when we face a particular option in Audacity, we'll all be seeing the same thing. It runs well on my Windows XP machine at work.

Try downloading 1.3, but really I have my doubts that this is the solution. (I connected the cable piano at the microphone connector on the front of my computer. I tried to connect to the microphone jack on the back of the computer too, but with the same results. It's better if you try to connect the blue connector. Change the Windows settings to pay attention to the line input instead of mic. connector pink, the symbol of the microphone is mono and is not that you were using before.