Thread: High Gain audio rescuing in Audacity

High Gain audio rescuing in Audacity

Using a microphone connected to my Canon HF100. I tested the microphone before the service and again after the church fell on wireless microphone technology dreaded second of me in the last minute. Tested the two microphones on and connected to the minister all started well until the vote. . After moving to a certain angle, "shift" that would be a loud "pop", followed by loss of signal then it would come back, inside and out.

Re: High Gain audio rescuing in Audacity

Pop is the only error. Microphone Systems of this type have a very smooth automatic gain and is mostly invisible. However, when the microphone is misbehaving or rub against anything that generates noise, automatic gain system is in full swing and reduces the channel gain. That's the pop-up dialog box and disappeared until the profit system is slowly recovering. That part is normal. The pop is broken.

The transmitting side of a radio microphone is the single point of failure, especially when the microphone is connected to the unit. I have seen transmission systems where the manufacturer left the connector as it was a pain to deal with. This connection disappears when the interpreter sits in the drive, back against a door, dropped, etc. Most of the sound technicians and would not open a vein and radio microphones-critical programs. We've all been burned. My personal nightmare was a radio microphone that went into the peanut butter, when our president tried to address the company. It worked perfectly before and after the show (I got it from the rotation and bravely resisted the temptation to set it on fire.

Be very careful how you capture the profile or "sample" of noise. The noise reduction system is to use that sample to eliminate the noise of the fair. If you catch a little voice by accident, NR will tackle that voice. If the whistle is really a problem, you can try the low-pass filter progressively lower from 10000 and down 8000, 6000. The show will be "more boring", it sounds like, but the hiss level will be much less annoying.

Much is at stake "and the noise." Hiss is easy, but a little science fiction. Signals from the microphones, especially in a church are incredibly small. Specialized amplifiers used to amplify the signals fed to the point that would be useful for editing or production. All amplifiers have internal noise. The goal is to make the noise much less than the microphone signal so that when you bring them both, I sing and whistle. The zoom setting reduced the level of the microphone so it is the same size as the natural noise in the system.

If you use MP3 or some of the audio compression formats most modern software to get the Lame and FFMpeg from the same website. Do not use old software or software from other websites, although they may have the same names. You can install both the audacity 1.2 and 1.3 in the same computer, but only use one at a time. Audacity 1.2 does not open in Audacity 1.3 projects.

Along with the pop noise is a big deal. Choose a word or two and then the noise. I was about to tell you to do something you can not do. Are you really with Audacity 1, if so rescue tools 1.3.13 Audacity sound much better than the oldest in Audacity 1.2. You can put the two versions of the machine without any interference. Its highly recommended by me to you. Remember that Audacity 1.2 does not open in Audacity 1.3 projects.