Thread: Windows 7 is not launching dashboard

Windows 7 is not launching dashboard

I am attempting to commission Seagate Dashboard on a revamped Windows 7 PC. The extent that I am able to tell, the setup experiences to culmination nonetheless the dashboard application founders to start. I could probably even see Seagate dashboard running in the framework tray. Nonetheless I am not fit to get the dashboard application to start. What might be bringing about the situation? I have tried to install the windows firewall completely. Please help me in solving the problem thanking al in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.

Re: Windows 7 is not launching dashboard

I would like to recommend you that I was also having the same problem that you are suffering now. I had mine working with windows 7 professional. All of a sudden the backup software began to reinstall itself. When I attempted to install from the CD I got the message that the version on the HD was newer than the CD version and the installer quit. I uninstalled both the dashboard and the backup software and now nothing will install. It gets so far and says "Preparing to install" and just hangs.

I think that you should try to reboot, and attempted to reinstall no luck. I have emailed Seagate and still no response although I got a survey asking me if I was happy with their service. I have tried turning off my antivirus and firewall, no help. I have turned off all software running in the background still no help. I have an XP computer which still has the software running which works fine. I am wondering if this is a windows 7 thing with the windows installer. And I think that there is no still word for the details.

I think that you should have to do a clean boot of the computer
    • You have to first log in the computer with the help of the administrator.
    • And after that you have to open the start menu and then type the msconfig.exe in the Start Search box and after that you have to press the enter button on the keyboard.
    • And after that on the general tab there will be a selective startup and after that click on the load startup.
    • And after that on the services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click disable all.

I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

I in addition have the same situation, and have attempted the clean boot. Yet, I might not recognize the system that brought on the situation. I have additionally attempted uninstalling and re-fixing utilizing the CD and without the CD, restarting my PC, and connecting the webcam to an offbeat USB port. I don't realize what else to attempt. Peculiarly associate has the same webcam and the same machine (additionally with Windows 7, such as me), but his works fine. I've moreover looked through the Life Cam Solution Center channel furnished above, but it makes a point not to have a determination to this situation that works for me.

I suspect that you ought to attempt to uninstall the ruined form first and when that you might as well reboot? In the event that not, please do so and attempt introducing the record you downloaded again. Since that doesn’t work, you are able to attempt downloading the first form from and introducing it keep in brain that you need to uninstall first and when that you might as well reboot and if still there is a situation, I feel that you will need to contact HP Support teewhyell or you attempt presenting on their Support gatherings.

From the discussion going on I think that you should upgrade overhauling to Win 7 64bit, I established life cam silver screen product. The exe for the programming should not open it Instead the readme document opens. Truth be told the readme record opens unfailingly I begin windows. As likely not receivable to the essence cam attempting to begin. I think that you should have uninstalled and reinstalled with no assistance. It goes with Skype and different program but I cannot get into the dashboard to make updates in the method it works.

Not sure if I'm on the right page but I'm hoping you can help me out. I have an Acer Aspire running Win7 32bit. I've had it reformatted since I'm having a lot of problems with it already. The guy that helped me out installed an OS called as Windows 7 Eternity, the problem that I'm getting now is that most of the time, whenever I log in, its not pushing through. It will be stucked with just the "welcome" message and will just stay there. I tried to remove my password and it worked, so I thought that its already ok that it might just be the problem. But then again it came back. The only solution I'm doing is to forcefully shut it down and then go to safe mode and just restart it from there. But there are times that it would just go on and on and I just feel tired and will just decide to not open it instead. Hoping you guys can help me out with this. Thanks!

Zech

Hi wickedzech,

I assume the windows version that you are using is a pirated one because there is no such operating system called as Windows 7 Eternity. This version of Windows 7 Eternity is modified and has different cusomization options which you wont find in an original microsoft windows 7 operating system available in the market. So try to install a genuine copy of windows 7 and let us know the results.

That's what I thought as well. I just don't have the time yet to have it formatted. But that's my guess as well. Thanks for the tip. As of now, it became seldom that I encounter it but when it strikes, I won't be able to turn it on for half a day. Crap. I'll try and will let you know. Thanks!