Thread: Will MKV file be supported in Goflex Home

Will MKV file be supported in Goflex Home

Recently I have purchased the Goflex home and it is working well but there is some problem in the Goflex home that is Will MKV files can be backed in the following update? I've got it streaming to my Samsung, and the vast majority of the files are working fine, but some mp4 format files are having some issues and no MKV files are able to be streamed. So what is the problem please help me in solving the problem.

Re: Will MKV file be supported in Goflex Home

In this case I could jump at the chance to suggest you that I imagine that this appears such as any individual with a 2008-2010 Samsung TV or Blu-flash player cannot stream .MKV indexes from the Seagate Goflex Home and will get a 'File Format Not Supported' mistake. The same documents stream faultlessly fine from alternate DLNA servers for example TVMobili and whatnot. I've bought one of the 2TB Goflex Home today are absolutely disappointed with this, depending on if it wasn't a popular siesta today I'd be discounting this.

Looking into this further, it appears to be a problem with the user agent string changing in newer Samsung DLNA devices and sending incompatible streaming metadata. I've installed the latest Goflex Home firmware (21/Jan/2011) and it’s running an old version of mini DLNA server (1.0.17). It's a well known issue that with more seasoned forms of mini DLNA doesn't recognize the more up to date Samsung user agent strings. Mini DLNA is searching for 'Samsung Wiselink Pro' at the distinguishing user agent string to then send the right, good streaming metadata to the Samsung apparatus. Basically this needs to be redesigned to 'SEC_HHP_TV' or 'SEC_HHP_BD' which is what every last traces of the well known Samsung DLNA units

They actually combine a firmware with the last form of small scale DLNA in it. I have a Samsung PS63C7000 TV and a Samsung BD-6900 Blu-beam player. I need to stream from this player for the reason that it possesses a shocking reference-value upscale (meet to an oppo-bdp83) and don’t especially would like to discount this Seagate Goflex Home unit in the event that I don't need to. If you don't mind you've addresses the DLNA database issue with the 21/1/2011 firmware discharge, now we should utilize a present day form of smaller than usual DLNA so you don’t baffle numerous revamped Samsung TV/Blu-beam managers.

BUMP, Samsung LE46C750 here. All items works not counting MKV. Little DLNA-cvs from yesterday on curve Linux rolling discharge. Would it be able to be that one hast to set particular emulate sorts on the machine that hosts the server or is this out of concern? I could give just about anything to recognize what's wrong. MKV are particularly critical these days. The just Samsung MKV idiosyncrasy I'm mindful ought to be worked around with familiar Mini DLNA forms.

I surmise that the situation is with the User-Agent situation. Brand new Samsung TV utilizes a User-Agent not upheld by small DLNA. Look this line in upnphttp.c else if (strncmp (p, "Samsung Wiselink Pro", 18)==0) and update with else if(strncmp(p, "YOURUSERAGENT", {len of user-executor-string})==0) To identify your TV user operator begin smaller than expected DLNA with-d (debug mode) and venture inside logged lines when TV associate to DLNA.

Small DLNA is a DLNA server which has been composed by a Netgear agent. Notwithstanding, the bundle is an open-cause project and the cause code in addition to a wiki and many sided tid-bits might be found "here" smaller than expected DLNA won’t transcode (change over among arrangements on the fly), nor will it mysteriously settle your broken DLNA client (unmanageable TV). The explanations your TV won’t do certain things are not the issue of small scale DLNA. They are issues made by the DLNA licensing/certification conglomeration and your TV producer. While the creator of this report has found small scale DLNA to be very great supporting idiosyncrasies from some TV makers, it cannot alter fundamental situations that the makers might as well address but either can’t or won’t. The proposed issues cannot be settled or backed by Netgear.