Thread: Split button is missing in Audacity

Split button is missing in Audacity

I have installed Audacity on the computer of mine. after launching this particular software on the computer of mine I have clicked on the portion where I was looking to have split the track. But there as no option to get the requirement of mine. I am really frustrated with the above mentioned problem. Let me know why I am getting the above mentioned issue into the situation of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Split button is missing in Audacity

In order to find out the root cause of the problem I wanted to know the answer of the below mentioned questions. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours? Can you tell me about the version of the Audacity which you have installed on the computer of yours? Let me know about the software configuration of the computer? have ever faced the above mentioned issue in nearby past.

Looking at the situation of yours I recommend that you have to use Command + I to get the requirement of yours. Also there is a Split option available into the Edit menu. I recommend that the above mentioned command will be applicable on the Mac based system. So try the thing which I have mentioned over here and I am hoping that it would be useful to get the requirement of yours.

If you wanted to go for Audio from the File menu then you have to use Command, Shift and I together. However into the latest version of the software it has been changed to Command-1. Also there is change in the keyboard shortcut is also removed from the latest version of the Audacity. Due to this particular problem many of the users are having lots of issue and it should be addressed by the developer of the software.

In Audacity 1.3.13 is working different than that of the previous version of software. Here you have to click on the Edit and then go for Split Boundaries and then you have to click on Split. So I think you have figure out the thing after looking at the thing which I have mentioned over here. Anyway if you wanted to have further assistance then feel free to ask over here in this particular thread.

I can figure out why the above mentioned issue is persisting in to the situation of yours. however I recommend that you should contact the technical support team of the software and get the further assistance. I am hoping that the technical support team will help you out to fix the matter of yours. Let me know about the experience of yours in this particular matter so that other users who are having similar issue will get help from you.