Thread: Wanted to increase the volume without any distortion of the sound file on Audacity

Wanted to increase the volume without any distortion of the sound file on Audacity

From past couple of days I was working on the Audacity to edit some of music tracks. I have burn those tracks on the CD and I have found that volume of the music file is quite low. I have searched on the Google to get the requirement of mine but there was nothing which I can apply to fix the matter of mine. Any help to fix the matter of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Wanted to increase the volume without any distortion of the sound file on Audacity

In this particular situation I recommend that you should Compression to get the requirement of yours. it is having an based on peaks with fast attack or decay. I let you know that the Compression will help you out to reduce the dynamic range of the audio. So you will be able to amplify the audio file. Compressor will not distort the signal and there would be less clipping into the sound file of yours.

Re: Wanted to increase the volume without any distortion of the sound file on Audacity

You can access the Compressor by using following instruction.
    • You have to launch the Audacity if you have closed the same.
    • Now you have to click on Effect and then go for Compressor.
    • Here you will have various option which you can use to get the requirement of yours. also you will have graph on the main window which will let you how compression is taking effect.

I am not sure but there could be an issue with the Audacity which you have installed on the system of yours. I think you need to reinstall the software on the computer. I am trying to say that you should uninstall Audacity from the computer and then you should restart the computer so that all the unwanted files will get removed automatically. After doing the same you should try to install Audacity on the system and see whether the issue is persisting or not.

Well looking at the problem of your this particular issue might be associated with the out of dated version of Audacity which you have installed. I recommend that you should have installed the latest version of software. If you are not having the same then you should visit the official website of the developer and look for the latest version of the software. You should download and install the latest version of Audacity on the computer.

I am not sure about the thing but there could be bug issue with the software which you have installed on the computer. hence I am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the software and file a bug report to them. The developer team will figure out the bug from the code of the software and simply fix the same and they will release the patch which you should download and apply to fix the matter of yours.