Thread: Audacity 1.3.5 is unable to record audio from line in

Audacity 1.3.5 is unable to record audio from line in

Recently I have upgraded Audacity 1.2.6 to Audacity 1.3.5 on the computer of mine. after doing the same I have noticed really serious problem after upgrading the Audacity. I am unable to record any audio through line in. when I am trying to record through line in the cursor is flashing at 0.0. Let me know if you are experiencing the same problem like me. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Audacity 1.3.5 is unable to record audio from line in

I will not figure out the root cause of the problem without knowing the answers of the below mentioned questions. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? post the entire configuration of the computer of yours? Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer of yours? Let me know the answer of the above mentioned so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem.

Well looking at the matter I am suggesting following solution which you should try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to close Audacity if you have already opened.
    • Now you have to look for audacity.cfg and simply open the same on the text editor and you have remove all the content leveing NewPrefsInitialized=1.

Now you should restart Audacity on the computer and see whether it is working or not.

If you have installed Windows based operating system on the computer then you have to remove the following registry key from the computer before installing Audacity 1.3.4 on the computer of yours. you should launch the registry editor on the computer of yours and search for the following registry key.
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Audacity\
    Once you have found the same you have to delete the same from the computer of yours.

I think there is an issue with the driver which you have installed on the computer of yours. I recommend that you should simply visit the official website and look for the latest version of the sound card drivers. Once you have found the same you should simply download the same on the computer of yours and then you should install the drivers on the computer of yours. after installing the drivers you should reboot the computer of yours.

You have started to face the issue after installing the latest version of the Audacity on the computer of yours. let me know what was the experience of yours after installing the previous version of Audacity? I recommend that you should install the previous version of Audacity on the computer of yours. once you have install the same on the computer you should restart the computer and see whether the issue is persisting or not.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is bug issue associated with this particular software. I recommend that you should contact the developer of the software and file a bug report. The developer of the software will look into the code of the software and find out the bug and fix the same. once they have fixed the bug issue they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.