Thread: Making use of components of Audacity

Making use of components of Audacity

Well I have installed Audacity on the computer of mine. I am having a particular requirement and I wanted to discuss with the users of this particular forums. Well I wanted to display waveform on Audacity from the .wav file. Also there should be an option for zoom in out. Can I have this particular functionality extracted to any other piece of software? Let me know if you are any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Making use of components of Audacity

Well according to me it seems to be quite difficult to implement the Graphic management on any program. It would be highly custom in terms of working as any program is doing. It is really difficult to figure out what is the difference in the functionality of Audacity which has been installed on Unix, Mac and Windows. There is lots of thing which should be implemented on the Audacity to get the requirement of all the users.

As far as I know there are almost all the audio programs which are having support for zoom in and zoom out. Also you will be able to do content management by using the same. I am really surprised if you are not able to get the thing on the Audacity which you have installed on the computer of yours. I think you have to thoroughly look into the software of the program and see whether you are able to get the thing or not.

You have to consider the following points to draw the Waveform on the Audacity which you have installed.
    1. You have to compute as well as perform a cache reduction. And also you have extract the maxima and minima from the block.
    2. Now you have to render this data to draw a vertical line between the each max and min pair

Finally you have to clip drawing on the damaged region.

In this particular situation I wanted to share something which would be useful to get the requirement of yours. the Audacity caches is summarized and derived from the chunks of 256 and 64K samples. Well you can resized the waveform by clicking on the samplesPerPixel and then you have to click on chunkSize. It is not an accurate solution but you can use the same for time being to get the requirement of yours.

I have searched on the Google on this particular matter and I have come to know that the developer of the software of are patching the Audacity 1.3.13 so that they can release the 2.0 version of Audacity in the market. I am hoping that the upcoming version of the Audacity will have the thing which we are talking about in this particular matter. Well we have to wait till the Audacity 2.0 is gets released by the developer.