Thread: Playback is too fast after importing mp3 files on Audacity from Olympus Digital Voice Recorder

Re: Playback is too fast after importing mp3 files on Audacity from Olympus Digital Voice Recorder

Let me know which version of the Audacity do you have installed on the computer? Which operating do you have installed? Do you have done any recent software change on the computer? I am suspecting that this particular issue is caused by the software changes on the computer? just for curiosity do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer? Answer the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can determine the root cause and tell you about the possible solution to fix the matter of yours.

Playback is too fast after importing mp3 files on Audacity from Olympus Digital Voice Recorder

I have installed Audacity on the computer of mine. whenever I am importing MP3 file from the Olympus Voice Digital Recorder and I have noticed that imported files are playing quite fast. However I have noticed that it is working fine with the VLC media player. Let me know why I am getting above mentioned issue on the computer of mine. any help to fix the matter of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Playback is too fast after importing mp3 files on Audacity from Olympus Digital Voice Recorder

Make sure that you have installed the latest version of Audacity do you have installed on the system of yours. you can get the same from the official website and let me know whether you have resolved the issue or not. If there is no change in the situation than I think you have contact the technical support team of the developer and ask them to provide the further assistance in this particular matter. I am hoping that you they will help you to resolve the matter of yours.

As far as I know Audacity is having support for the importing of the MP3 files. However Olympus voice recorder can be used for ADPCM, DSS, WAV, WMA or with the Triple Rate format. Audacity will have an issue if the files which you have imported are not the kind of the Standard MP3 or WAV file. So you have to see that the file which you are looking to import is in correct format or not. So consider the thing which I have mentioned over here.

If you are supposed to handle the MP3 file format or something any other modern file format then you have to use FFMPEG software. You can get this particular software from the official website of the developer of this particular software. If you don’t want to install the same then you can get the FFMPEG add on for the Audacity which you have installed on the computer of yours. you can get the Add on from the official website of the developer of the software.

Well you have mention that the VLC is playing file properly on the computer of yours hence I recommend that you should VLC media player to convert the files and then you should import the converted files on Audacity. Also another thing which I wanted to discuss over here is that you will be able to import the files from the Olympus if you have installed FFmpeg. If it did not work for you then you are having an option that is VLC conversion method for you.