Thread: Getting wave and output level meter but no sound on Audacity

Getting wave and output level meter but no sound on Audacity

I don’t know why there is an issue with Audacity which I have installed on the computer of mine. I have noticed I am unable to get the sound on Alesis M1Active 520 USB speakers through this particular software. There is a sound wave on the screen but I am not getting any sound. Let me know why I am getting above mentioned problem into the situation of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.
    a

Re: Getting wave and output level meter but no sound on Audacity

Well there is not much information to figure out the root cause of the problem. Tell me which operating system do you have installed? Which version of the Audacity do you have installed on the computer? Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer for smooth running ? Let me know if you are having any other information to which you can share so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem.

I think this particular issue is being happening due to outdated version of Audacity which you have installed on the computer. I recommend that you should installed the latest version of the Audacity on the computer. you can get the same from the official website of the developer of this particular software. You should downloaded the same you have to uninstall the previous version of software and restart the computer of yours and then you should install Audacity which you have downloaded.

If you have installed Audacity 1.3.13 on the computer of yours I recommend that there is new menu option on Transport and then you have to go for Rescan Audio Devices. This particular device will let you to plug or unplug device at the time of running Audacity on the computer of yours. also it is used to recognize if there is any changes done on the computer for the Audacity which you have installed on the computer of yours.

If you are using Mac then I recommend that you should simply try with the MIDI setup. For doing the same you have to use the following instructions.
    • You have to click on Finder and then go for Applications and then go for Utilities.
    • Into Utilities menu you have to click on the MIDI setup.

So try the same and let me know whether it is working for you.

Let me know whether you have resolved the problem of yours or not. If there is no change in the situation then I recommend that you should simply contact the technical support team of the software to get the further assistance on this particular matter. They will study the problem which you are getting and tell you about the possible solution to troubleshoot the matter of yours.