Thread: Configuring Audacity 1.3.3 and Mozilla Firefox for recording audio

Configuring Audacity 1.3.3 and Mozilla Firefox for recording audio

As the title of this particular thread is suggesting what I wanted to ask over here. Well I have installed Audacity 1.3.3 and Firefox on the computer of mine. Let me know how can I configure both so that I can record? For your information I have installed Mac OS X on the computer of mine. I have noticed that the signal is detected by the computer of mine but it is not detected by the Audacity. Let me know if you are having any idea to get the requirement of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Configuring Audacity 1.3.3 and Mozilla Firefox for recording audio

In order to help you out I wanted to know which version of Mac OS X do you have installed on the computer? is there any particular reason to use Audacity 1.3.3? in case you are using Mac OS x 10.4 or above then I recommend that you should simply get the Audacity 1.3.13 beta version of the software. Let me know the answer of the above mentioned questions so that I can tell you about what steps should be taken to get the requirement of yours.

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting that you should check that the input is provided properly. To do the same you have to use the following instruction.You have to click on Apple and then go for System Preferences and then you have to click on Audio and then go for Hardware. Now you have to click on Input.Here you have to see that the input device is being displayed or not.

To understand the situation properly you should launch Audacity on the system and then you have to click on the Preferences.
    • Into preferences you have to click on the Audio I/O and click on the Recording.
    • Now you have to see that what choices do you getting on the Drop Down menu of Devices.

Also post the same over here as early as possible.

I let you know that you should install the latest version of Audacity on the computer to get the requirement of yours. because the older version of the software might be quite unstable on the new computers. Also if you are looking to use MP3 files than you should applications like FFMpeg software. You can get the above mentioned software from the official website of the software manufacturer.

I wanted to know whether you have managed to fix the matter or not. If there is no change in the situation after using the solutions which are mentioned over here then I recommend that you should contact the technical support team of the developer team and get further help in this particular situation. The developer team will let you know about the possible solution to troubleshoot the matter of yours.