Thread: Audacity is crashing due to Vst-enabler.so is placed into the plugin folder

Audacity is crashing due to Vst-enabler.so is placed into the plugin folder

I am having a really frustrating issue with the Audacity which I have installed on the computer of mine. I have noticed whenever I am putting the vst enabler into the plugin folder and launch the Audacity it seems to be taking quite long time to launch. Let me know why above mentioned issue is happening into the situation of mine. Any help to fix the matter of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Audacity is crashing due to Vst-enabler.so is placed into the plugin folder

Looking at the situation I wanted to know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you have done any recent changes on the computer of yours? Let me know which version of Audacity do you have installed. Let me know if you are having any other information to figure out the root cause of the problem. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours for the above mentioned questions.

I think I know the root cause of the problem why this particular issue is happening into the situation of yours. Well according to me failure of launching of Audacity is cause because of compatibility issue between the VST plugin . the VST enabler might be unable to figure out the difference. Also VST instrument is not having support. So I am hoping that you have figure out why this particular issue is happening into the situation of yours.

In order to fix the matter of yours I recommend that you should simply remove the VST plugin out from the Audacity Plug-ins folder .
    Code:
    ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST directory
    /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST directory
    Once you have done the same you should try to launch the Audacity on the computer of yours and see that the issue is persisting or not.

Do you really wanted to the support for VST plugin for the Audacity which you have installed? According to Enabler will simply look for the VST the path which has been specified by the environment variable VST_PATH. There could be two possible reason why above mentioned issue is happening. Enabler will not be able to figure out the plugin or it might be hanging some of the library file of the software which you have installed.

Let me know whether have you ever used the previous version of VST plugin on the system? What was the experience after installing the same? if there was no issue with the previous version of plugin then I recommend that you should simply download and install the previous version of the plugin on the system of yours and see whether you have noticed any difference into the situation of yours.