Thread: Delay while recording Playback in Audacity

Delay while recording Playback in Audacity

Lately I'm trying to play the guitar, but Audacity (while listening to the live streaming at the same time, so you can play themed Jam), reproduction is delayed by life (if only speak into a microphone, reproduction is delayed), how I can get the live playback in sync without delay?
    I'm using the microphone (computer, Windows XP) for both the guitar and when he speaks through a microphone.

Re: Delay while recording Playback in Audacity

In Windows, Edit> Preferences> Audio I / S> things in the background. Sometimes the differentiation between hardware play through and software play through will help. Never go to zero. Annoyance of digital systems is the latency. Everything is always a little late, no matter what you do. Create a rhythm track and a pile of live shows at the top of each other, but only hear a rhythm track. Then select all the songs live and use the time shift tool to push everyone back in sync must be of the same amount.

If you play each fresh track while you're recording the next one, you will get progressively further and further off sync and it will be something of a nightmare to fix. You can also play a fresh instrument, stop and push it back into sync, play the next one, etc. This is where Audacity Projects shine. They're talent is to stack multi-track productions and keep lists of what they're doing. You can't export a multi-track show to a sound file. You can export two tracks at a time and make multiple stereo WAV files, it will work.

While playing each track while recording fresh the next, get progressively more and more out of sync and will be a nightmare to fix. You can also play a new instrument, release and again in timing, the next game, etc. Here's where Audacity projects shine. They are the talent is the stack of multi-track production and maintain a list of what they are doing. You cannot export a presentation of several tracks to an audio file. You can export two tracks at once and perform multiple stereo WAV files, to work.

I would like to let you know that if you reach the point where you are in a day of multiple instruments, multi-track production, you may want to export multiple wav files one for every two tracks. Audacity projects are fragile and could come in one day and the project opens. Think of all the new words, cool words, if Audacity will not wake up and do not have a backup of some kind.

I'm playing pre-recorded tracks jam in "Windows Media Player" (going to make my own jam tracks in the future, but I'm addicted to learning to drive at the moment) When I try to play along with the jam tracks (with " my leader "part of the game through Audacity, so get two sounds from the same source, i.e.in my computer) screws 1 / 2 second delay me long to have any value.

Using audacity output through a stereo with a delay of one track instead of using a delay pedal and guitar amp. This is something we do all the time with Audacity on the Mac, and Garageband. Furthermore, in order to create a good recording, it is important to be able to control what is recorded. The idea is to hear what you're recording as you record, and the other tracks. I have a Dell M1530 that was quite expensive, but the sound card seems extremely useless. There is a significant delay as the original post described. I have not tried with my MobilePre with him, however, hope it works.