Thread: Error “WD Smartware stopped working”

Error “WD Smartware stopped working”

I am using the My Book Essential External Hard Drive but currently facing some problem with this. Actually whenever I turn on my computer then it shows me one error message that says “WD Smartware stopped working”. I am not having idea that what should I do to solve this problem. If you have any suggestion for this then please let me know that. I really want to access that. Please reply me fast.

Re: Error “WD Smartware stopped working”

Reinstalling the WD Smartware can solve the problem for you. I am saying this because I think that some of the installed files of that is missing from your computer and so it is showing you the error message. So simply uninstall that and again install it on your computer. This will solve the problem with the WD Smartware. This is the most possible reason for this issue and reinstalling will possibly help you.

Do you have the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 installed in your computer? WD Smartware will function smoothly if Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 will be installed in your computer. So first install the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 and along with this also install the Adobe Flash Player. Do these two installations and let us know if this can help you to solve the problem. If that does not help you then we will tell you that what can be the alternate solution for this.

First of all, you will have to uninstall the WD Smartware from your computer and after that reboot the system. Now install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player and the Microsoft .Net Framework of version 3.5 or 3.5 for SP1. Now, just download WD Smartware from here and after that install that on your computer. I did the same when I was getting the similar problem and this solves the problem for me so I hope that it will be the same for you.

There might be the problem with the USB port that you are using so what you can do is, just connect that to some other available USB port and see if that showing you the same thing. If that is again showing you the same thing then you can also check for the USB cable. It might not be providing the proper connection. So try by changing the USB cable and see if that was the culprit for this issue. I hope this will help.

Any drivers the unit requires are the mindfulness of Western Digital, not Microsoft. Besides, SmartWare is product on the drive that runs when you connect it to, and this is unequivocally not something Microsoft could be answerable for. In the "for what its worth" division, the GfxUI index is part of the drivers for your presentation connector (movie card or more reasonable, motion picture chip on your motherboard/in your laptop). An overhauled set of drivers could determination that situation. The alternate a few situations are particular to the SmartWare item and ought to be brought up with WD.

Frequently you would recognize that when you are utilizing a more advanced in years OS, fresher parts for example equipment and more usually programming could not work in that specific framework. I could still redesign the firmware if appropriate following totally uprooting any forms of the Smartware provision from your framework. Twofold-check with Apple underpin for any brand new overhauls as you will recognize that most programming makers discharge brand new units with the most cutting edge OS forms in psyche. Still, contacting the MAC group could be an amazing outlet for data and promote troubleshooting.