Thread: Unable to record after upgrading with Audacity 1.3 beta

Unable to record after upgrading with Audacity 1.3 beta

As the title of this particular thread is mentioning what I wanted to ask over here in this particular thread. I have upgraded Audacity with the 1.3 beta version. I have noticed an interesting problem. I need to save as AUP then that of the export is as WAV file even if the sound is seems to be quite low. I am unable to hear anything while playing the recorded sound. Can you help me out to fix the matter of mine? I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to record after upgrading with Audacity 1.3 beta

Looking at the matter I wanted to know answers of the below mentioned questions to figure out the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you using? Is your computer on Network? Post the entire configuration of the computer of yours. Can you post the screen shot of the image file of the issue which you are getting so that I can view the same and tell where you have make the thing wrong.

I think you have to play with the settings of Edit menu and then go for Preferences and then you have to go for Directories. Also post the settings which you are having on the software. Additionally I wanted to know about the free hard disk space which you are having on the computer. so try the thing which I have mentioned over here and let me know whether it is working or not. Wish you all the best.

In order to fix the matter of yours I recommend that you have to reinstall the Audacity on the computer of yours. why I am suggesting because this particular issue might be happening just because of the corruption of the files which you have installed on the computer of yours. I recommend that you should simply reinstall the entire software and then you should try to record the audio and see whether the issue is persisting or not.

You have mentioned that you have started to face the issue after installing the latest version of Software on the computer of yours. hence let me know whether you was having any issue with the earlier version of Audacity? If your answer is yes then I recommend that you should downgrade the Audacity on the system. I mean you should simply install the earlier working version of Audacity on the computer. I am hoping that it would be useful to you.

I don’t why this particular problem is happening into the situation of yours. however I recommend a universal solution which you should do. I recommend that you should contact the developer of the software and file a bug report to them. Well now you will think what is bug report? In bug report you provide the information which you are getting so that the developer can figure out where exactly the issue is in the code of the software. Once they have figure out they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter.