Thread: How can I make the image larger without effecting the pixel density?

How can I make the image larger without effecting the pixel density?

i am hoping that you have figure out what i wanted to know after looking at the title of this particular thread. I am having a wallpapaer of 1200x900 and i wanted to make the same of 1440x900 without making blurry. Let me know how can i get the same? If you are aware of any of the steps or information which can give a light shed on this particular then post the same over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How can I make the image larger without effecting the pixel density?

You will be able to minimize the taking effect by simply putting the size up at the very small stages. It is possible by using the Photoshop’s bicubic interpolation algorithm. Also you can get the same by using the little bit amount of the Gaussian Blur or something like Noise from the Median filter after each and every resizing steps. I let you know that you will not be able to get the larger image as sharp as the smaller image which you have resized by using the above mentioned method.

Well looking at the situation i let you know something which will be help ful to get the requirement of yours. You will not be able to increase the pixel dimensions of any of the bitmap image without modifying the quality of the image. If you try to increase the size of the image then it will definitely lower down the quality of the images. So I am hoping that you have figure out the thing after looking at the post of mine.

I agree with the thing which you have stated over here. you are looking to make the image wider than that of the original one. Hence it will distort the image by any mean. Well I am not wrong you can avoid the same for the certain extent but there is no way to stop the same. in that particular situation you might need to use the elements of the Photoshop and you have to make the canvas size of 1440x900 by filling with the black color.

I am not aware about the making the image larger without compromising with the image quality but I can tell you something which will help you when you are supposed to reduce the size of the image. It is very simple to get. You have to reduce the size of the image and it will help you to maintain the aspect ratio into the game. I am not wrong there would be something like box which you should check so that the same kind of the amount is applied for the both of the dimension in the game.

Well looking at the requirement of yours I recommend that you need to crop the image to the new aspect ratio and then you have to enlarge the same and you have to fill the same with the new pixel map on the image. There is no relation between the enlargement steps and cropping of the image. In case you are using the Photoshop then you need to use plugin like Perfect Resize which was known as Genuine Fractals. It will help you to increase the resolution of the image.