Thread: Looking for a good Firmware /drivers procedure for Creative Sigma 3D

Looking for a good Firmware /drivers procedure for Creative Sigma 3D

Hello thinking of getting these (or another brand G#5). But just now the Sigma seems good value and has the analogue option which the other doesn't. Are these good for FPS and directional sound?? (read various conflicting reviews. Both "professional" and normal end-users). What is the best procedure for installing these? I have read various ways don't connect the dongle before installing the software etc. I saw some article about it but I still wondered if I then install the firmware or what? Or is it a bit of trial and error?

Re: Looking for a good Firmware /drivers procedure for Creative Sigma 3D

Hello I am having similar query. Do I need to disable my onboard sound in BIOS before installation (hope not as it's VIA and sounds in general ok)? Do I install the software in SAFE MODE? I read a review that said he'd spoken to a guy at Creative (at an exhibition if I remember rightly) who said that Creative would be selling replacement mic's for this. He said this was good as when the mic fails (like it has on my Fatal1ty's) then you only need to buy a new mic not a whole new headset.

You don't really need to disable your onboard sound within the BIOS for the headset. Nevertheless do note that simply one audio device is able to be selected as default at anytime. It's recommended to install the software without any background applications running. Yes, if you prefer to boot your system in Safe Mode, by all means please do so. Just download and install the Sound Blaster Tactic3D Sigma Pack for Windows 1.01.0001, simply follow the instructions on the screen.

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, It IS recommended to attach the headset to the usb port prior to installing the software. So I would Download drivers and then attach the Headset to the USB port let windows recognize it (I’m assuming it wouldn't recognize the headset if attached in safe-mode?).And after that Boot into safe-mode and install drivers. And once done with it returns to creative website download and install FIRMWARE in safe-mode.

Put your system in a clean boot state if you want to make sure no other applications are running. Run the installation package. Don't plug in your headset yet, just follow the instructions on the screen and reboot your system. Plug in the headset after rebooting your system. You should see a installation message right after plugging the headset, wait for it and check the Device Manager to make sure that the Sound Blaster Sigma 3D is listed.