Thread: Sites ask for flash upgrade despite latest adobe flash player installed

Sites ask for flash upgrade despite latest adobe flash player installed

I recently installed the latest version (10.3.181.34) of flash player on my PC and after that I got an error of upgrading the flash player. I cannot watch videos on YouTube or any flash content on any site. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash player and restarted my PC. I also tried software rendering for accelerated graphics but still the same upgrade error comes up. It was working properly before the upgrade and I was able to watch the videos.

Re: Sites ask for flash upgrade despite latest adobe flash player installed

I'm assuming from your query that your OS is either Vista or Windows 7 and most probably when you try to install/upgrade flash, it is being blocked by User Account Control (UAC). When you try to execute the installation file do not double -click not it, rather try right-clicking on it just once, then in the context menu that opens, select (left-click once) the Run as Administrator option. If the installation goes well I guess your problem should be solved

Which browser are you using? In most of the browser the Flash player works as a addon or plug-in. Go to Tools, Manage addons and look for Shockwave Flash Object. What version is it and is it Enabled? All of the above is important as they make up Flash Player. The plug-in controls the working of flash player. Flash player will not work even if you have downloaded the latest flash player and not enabled it.

This problem occurs mostly when Flash player is recently upgraded. Sometimes the files are not downloaded correctly or settings of flash player are restored to default. After you have successfully installed flash player check if all the files are there in the folder - C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash. After this check if you have enabled the addon in the browser. You can do it by changing the flash player addon setting in your browser.

I had the same problem when I upgraded by the link given by firefox to update. Do not use that link it doesn’t work sometimes. Go to adobe and download the latest version of flash player and also the adobe shockwave player from the adobe download center then close the firefox. After this close firfox. Do not install directly. Install both software and den open firefox. Try visiting sites with flash contents, it should be working.

You need to close your browser before installing the update. First, download the software and then close your browser after this install it. If the videos don’t play correctly, Right click the video that don’t play and hit 'settings’. Then Un tick 'Hardware Acceleration' and hit Apply, ok. Or you should update your firefox to Firefox 4.0 final version.