Thread: Installing Audacity software gives “FOUND NEW HARDWARE” message

Installing Audacity software gives “FOUND NEW HARDWARE” message

As the title is enough to explain the problem to you. I just want to know that how can I remove that irritating message from my computer. I recently installed the USB combo turntable/audio cassette player with Audacity software on my computer and after doing that it started showing me message that says “FOUND NEW HARDWARE”. I rebooted the system but again it comes up with the same message. Can you please tell me that how can I solve this problem. I have tried through all the possible solutions for this but that was not helpful. Please help.

Re: Installing Audacity software gives “FOUND NEW HARDWARE” message

I think that the driver for the device is not installed properly in your computer and because of that reason you are getting this problem. So the first thing that you can do is just update the driver from your computer and once you are completed with that then you can reboot your computer. It is very common that the driver get corrupted due to some reason and after that you start getting the problems similar to this. See if that can help you.

Do you have the printer connected to the computer? If yes then I would like to tell you that for the USB printers, it is very essential that you have to install the driver in proper sequence and if you don’t do that then you are surely going to get the message that "found new hardware" even if you are having the drivers installed in your computer. So just uninstall the driver from computer and after that install it over again in appropriate sequence.

There might be some trouble with the port that you are using to connect it. So if you want to ensure that then you can try by changing the port and if this was due to problem with the port then this time you will not get the message like this. It is not for sure that changing the port will resolve the problem but it will not be a bad idea to try this once and see for the result. Good Luck!!!

Normally the “FOUND NEW HARDWARE” wizard do not come for the standard device types but if this is happening in your case then I am very sure that there is some problem with the system. Your system might be broken. It is possible that it is the INF database otherwise crypto services. So if nothing helps you to resolve the issue then you can go for a clean Windows XP setup and this will do the work for you.

You require checking out for the event log information will undoubtedly be of great help in order to get the point. Ask to see the change so it will be best for you. As the look you want to be working well. You can process the same as clicking Start, and then click Control Panel. Click on the Performance and Maintenance and after that click Administrative Tools, and finally double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC having the Event Viewer snap-in. In console tree, click on the Event Viewer. However, as this is made probable to reach a enhanced conclusion if you know the problem that is causing it.