Thread: Can’t play MKV file by using the DirectShow filter installed

Can’t play MKV file by using the DirectShow filter installed

I have installed DivX player on the computer of mine. I am looking to play MKV file through the DirectShow filter which I have installed on the computer of mine. whenever I am trying to do the same I am getting an error message on the computer of mine. I am getting an error message while doing the same. Let me know if you are having any solution to get the requirement of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can’t play MKV file by using the DirectShow filter installed

In order to find out the root cause of the problem I wanted to know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Tell me about the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer? you told me that you are getting an error message on the system then I can you post the entire error message which you are getting on the computer of yours? also let me know if you are having any other information to figure out the root cause of the problem.

Looking at the situation I am suggesting a particular solution which you should try and see whether it is working or not. I recommend that you should locate the exe file of the DivX file and then you have to right click on the same then you have to click on the Run As Administrator from the right click context menu. After doing the same you have to see that the thing is working or not. I am hoping that it would be useful to you.

I think you have to reinstall the DivX player on the computer of yours. I am suggesting that you should uninstall the entire software from the computer and then you should restart the computer of yours. after doing the same you should try to install the software on the computer of yours. after doing the same you should restart the computer of yours. I am hoping that the it would be useful to fix the matter of yours.

I am highly suspecting that there could be an issue with the outdated version of the DivX software which you have installed on the computer. I recommend that you should simply vsist the official website and simply look for the latest version of the software. You have to download the same on the computer of yours and then you should install the DivX Software on the computer. after installing the same you should restart the computer and see whether the issue is persisting or not.

Well there could be bug issue with the software which you have installed on the computer of yours. I recommend that you have to contact the developer of the software and you should file a bug report. You should provide the information which has been associated with the computer of yours and the problem which you are getting on the computer. they would fix the same and release a patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.

I wanted to know whether you have tried to play the movie on the DivX player or not. If there is no change in the situation then I recommend that you should simply get VLC media player to meet the requirement of yours. Well you can get the VLC media player from the official website. You should install this particular software on the system and see that you are able to make the thing working or not.