Thread: Divx plus player not working

Divx plus player not working

Previously I have never faced this kind of issue with my system, from last week whenever I am trying to play movie on Divx plus player its not working at all. Currently on my system Windows XP is installed. Whenever I am trying to play any video its not getting played on my Divx plus player. I am not sure, why this is happening I tried to look after some solution but nothing is really helping me out for the same. Can you please suggest me some possible solution to get rid of this issue.

Re: Divx plus player not working

I think the Divx plus player not working due to DLL crash and therefore you are facing this problem. Most of the time you face issue due to the msvcp80.dll file and due to this your Divx plus player stopped working so you have to remove or stop msvcp80.dll file, even you can also solve this issue by updating the msvcp80.dll file. Go to the official website and after that install the msvcp80.dll file or update the same.

Try to update the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package and after that you’re able to solve the issue. To update the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package you can search for the official website and after that install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package. Go to the official website of Microsoft and for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package.

Just go through the following steps and after that your issue will be resolved. To do this you need to open the command prompt. First click on the start icon and after that click on the run. Now on the run type the below command:
    regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll
    regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll

To re-enable these both use the following commands:
    regsvr32 shmedia.dll
    regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

Now once you done and after that reboot the system and then let me know the issue.

Even I have been through the same issue and I have followed the below steps and I have encountered my issue. To do this go to the below location:
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\DIVX\DIVX PLUS PLAYER
    Now here you will get the AVI file called “X”. Locate to this file and after that delete this file.

Uninstall the Divx plus player and after that reinstall it again. Go to the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the add/remove program and under that locate to the Divx plus player. Now on click on the Divx plus player and uninstall it. Now once you finish the uninstalling the Divx plus player and after that reboot the system and after that install the Divx plus player again.