Thread: MS Excel: Exclude data already imported

MS Excel: Exclude data already imported

Hello friends. I am having some problem with my MS Excel. Actually whenever I try to import the text file which is having more than 65536 records then it displays me the message which says: "the text file contains more data than will fit on a single worksheet. You can import the rest of the data by repeating the import operation on another worksheet and using the text import wizzard to exclude data already imported in excel". I cannot get that why this is shlowing me this message. Please help me.

Re: MS Excel: Exclude data already imported

I would like to tell you that you cannot have data of infinite size in that. The maximum limit for that is 65,536 rows and if you are having more than that then you will have to put the remaining data in a new worksheet. So this is the reason that why you are not able to import that in your case. I hope that you have got the reason for this. I don’t think that there is some other reason for this.

The way you would carry the remaining data to excel (within the second worksheet) is to unlock the second worksheet after that choose the Data > Import External Data > Import Data options after that while point Excel toward text file. Then Import Wizard will come into view and offer you the prospect to modify import. As you have previously stored first 65,536 rows within first tab you will desire to bounce those rows and start with row 65,537 within this worksheet.

I endeavored to do the operation to keep on my import on to the following worksheet, but I get the message that "Integer is not valid". Office 2003 importing message documents with additional line passages than 65535. I appropriated the memo noticing the plausibility of avoiding information that was at present transported in, but I don't see the choice ready. Please suggest me some other solution.

Since you begin Excel then do File | Open and indicate a .txt document, you should be taken programmedly into the Data Import Wizard-here you could probably tag the begin line for the import (up to 32k). Since you leave this unadorned then Excel will begin on column 1 and will import up to 64k (65536 lines). In the event that you import it again beginning at 32k (32768) you can then import from 32k to 96k into a special workbook. You are able to either erase the final 32k columns in the first workbook, or the first 32k lines in the second workbook, and afterward duplicate the second worksheet into the first workbook.