Thread: How to convert .prn file to Microsoft excel

How to convert .prn file to Microsoft excel

Well last night I had downloaded the file which contain the important data and that file is in .prn format and I want to open that file in the Microsoft excel. I had tried to open but was not able to do so. Can anyone guide to convert the .prn file into excel. Thanks in advanced for helping me to get rid from this problem.

Re: How to convert .prn file to Microsoft excel

I think it’s not a big task to do so. Well I want to ask have you tried to open from the menu data text to columns if not then just open Microsoft excel and in the main menu just search for the data option and after selecting the data option you will going to get the sub menu in that sub menu search for select text to column option. Select that option and then make a try to open that file again and if you are not able to open that then just search for the converter.

For this first start the Microsoft excel and then view all the readable text file and then in the excel from the file just drop down the list and then select the open and after that one window will going to open in that from the files of type drop down the list and then select the .prn and if you’re using the Microsoft excel then click on the office button and then select open and from the window which had appear select the file and the file of type will be .prn and if you’re using excel 2010 then just select the file tab and in the left column just select the open and at the right of the file name drop down the list and select the .prn and then select the document which you have to open And then Click on Open button after that just Select the Delimited radio button and then just Click on Next and then under The Delimiters just clear all the check boxes and then check on the corresponding to the separator your data contains option and then click on next and then finish.

You must change the extension to the text file and then open that file and it will be going to start up with the import wizard and then just make a Use of fixed. You can even select it to extents the fields as Prn files most probably full of spaces as it need to get there stuff where it needs to be printed. You would easily set up fields for those spaces and then just select skip. I think this will surely going to help you a lot.

Well I think it most probably depends on the print drive which was used to create the file and if it has used the simple line printer then I’m sure there would be little control information and it’s similar to the word processor files which are same as Microsoft word and word pad. Well you can easily import it to Microsoft excel for this just open the file dialog box and form there change the file type to the all files and then open the file.

you can easily convert the prn file to the Microsoft excel by just downloading the fast PRN excel converter which is an handy and reliable program which is usually designed to convert .PRN files to the Microsoft Excel XLS files or .CSV files. The fast PRN to excel converter is very much easy to use and can process large number of files within small span of time. It also supports the batch conversion to the sub folder.