Thread: HP Pavilion Support Assistant crashes

HP Pavilion Support Assistant crashes

I’m having the hp Pavilion Entertainment PC DV7 3067CL was using it from past few months well I few days ago I was using the hp advisor and everything was running properly and when I’m trying to use the hp support assistant which crashes when I’m trying to run and for that I had boot my pc in safe mode. I had also tried to update the software and that also crashes in between. Does anyone know what may be the cause of the problem? Please suggest me regarding this.

Re: HP Pavilion Support Assistant crashes

Well I even I was trying to update it when I got a update message and it crashes and now I was not able to run the current version also. I’m having the same laptop running with a windows 7 operating system with 64 bit edition. Well now I had removed the hp advisor and now I’m using the HPSA. You must try to uninstall that software in safe mode and then boot up the pc again and then search for the latest update for the HPSA and install it. I’m sure it will going to work for you.

Well I had tried this but my system usually refuses to install the program. The only to install it without crashing the software is to run it in safe mode but it usually refuse to update to run and update in the normal boot. Well for this I had uninstalls it and then on the computer in safe mode with networking and from there I had downloaded the latest version and install the software in the safe mode. You can even try to restore the system by making use of recovery tool from the boot menu and it will surely work.

Well even I was having the problem with the hp support assistant and I had tried everything but nothing had fixed for me so I usually use ctrl+alt+del and delete the process from the task manager. I had took my laptop to the HP Tech Support and they had re install it and then it was running smoothly but after few weeks it started giving the same problem and now it usually lock up whenever the program start up on the schedule start up but its work normally when I start it manually.

Well I had just bought a new HP ProBook 4720s and I even have an hp ProBook 4710s which I had purchase 2 years back and in both the hp support assistant usually work smoothly before but now I’m getting the problem in both after updating it and I think this is the common problem with the hp user and I think so it’s just an minor bugs in it which will going to be resolved by the hp. Well it’s an good application but you must use HPSA till the problem get solved.

I think the HPSA is an hp support assistant and that uninstalling the hp advisor from the control panel will going to allow the HPSA to check the system automatically after the system get boot-up or it should be run manually. Well I recommend removing both the program and get rely on the windows updates and I think it’s a common problem for the hp user and the hp tech support don’t have the answer regarding this.