Thread: Blu Ray Player Software cannot play from BD drive

Blu Ray Player Software cannot play from BD drive

I am having some problem with my Blu Ray Player software. Actually this is not able to play anything from my BD drive. Previously it was working well but from last one week I am getting this problem. There is no problem while accessing the driver but it just can’t play that. I tried all the possible way to do that but that was not working. Can you please tell me that some way by which this issue can be avoided? I will appreciate each and every reply on this.

Re: Blu Ray Player Software cannot play from BD drive

I just want to clarify that if this is the problem with only one blu ray movie or this is the same for all of the collection. I am asking this because if this is with the entire blu ray movie then this is not the problem with the software. This is the problem with the DRM. So you should confirm that first. So this is the first thing that you need to verify. Once it is clear that problem is from the software or the movie then it will be easier for you to get the solution of that.

Have you updated the firmware for the optical drive? You have not mentioned that anywhere in your post. So if you are getting any of the issues like this then you can just go for the firmware update. Do the update with the latest firmware available on the internet. I would like to tell you that you will have to do the frequent firmware update and this is because of the DRM. This is one of the most odd thing that the Blu Ray is having.

I think that the software that you are using is corrupted and for that reason you are getting this problem. My suggestion to you is to simply uninstall the software and after that install it again. There are many of the cases like this where reinstalling solves the problem and so I hope that this will do the same for you as well. So do that and let us know that if this resolves the problem or not so that we can give you some alternate solution for this.

Finally, if BluRay discs are some of the newer titles released, you can use the final specification BluRay format and can be the cause of the software players to adjust. I know for a fact that PowerDVD 7 came out before the final specification. It may be true for PowerDVD 8 and WinDVD 9. Do a search online and see if others are reporting similar problems for these discs.