Thread: Limitation of Small business version of Microsoft Lync Online 2010

Limitation of Small business version of Microsoft Lync Online 2010

As the title of this particular thread is suggesting what I wanted to discuss over here in this particular thread. I am looking to have Microsoft Lync online 2010. Well I wanted to discuss about the limitation of the Microsoft Lync online 2010 of the small business version. So that I can get the thing before invest money to purchase the same. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Limitation of Small business version of Microsoft Lync Online 2010

I agree with the things which you have mentioned over here I wanted to tell you that Lync Online is having support for the peer to peer audio as well as video calls. Also you can have the same on the Windows Live Messenger. Well there is no support for the audio as well as video conferencing and desktop sharing with the Public IM contacts. You can have the external communication enabled on the system until and unless you have disabled the same.

Well I think I know something which I wanted to share over here so that you can get the limitations of this particular software. There is no support for the Gmail as well as Yahoo on the Lync Online. If you are wanted to use the Windows Live Messenger on the computer then you have to see that you should have installed the latest version of the Windows Live Messenger client on the computer of yours.

I loved the overall look and feel of this particular software however I have figure out that there is no support for the Federation and PIC on the small business version of the Lync Online. Even I don’t think so there would not be support for the same in nearby future. I think it would be significant limitation and it should overcome by the Microsoft. I am hoping that the Microsoft would have a look on this particular matter.

I wanted to share something regarding the external communication. Well you will be able to have the external communication with the other organization if they are having the external communication enabled on the computer of yours. even you can communicate with the any other Lync Online customers who are having the External Communications available with the support of the Windows Live Domain.

I have found another issue with this particular software. Well I was trying to communicate with the xyz@custom.com through the live account and it results into an error message on the computer screen. I am also unable to communicate with the personal domain on the Windows live messenger. But still I can communicate with the users of the hotmail.com.