Thread: Delay in receiving inbound emails via Office 365

Delay in receiving inbound emails via Office 365

I have just setup a small company of marketing agency and I am my employees who hard to achieve our goal and target each day we spend in the office. So to simplify our problem I order Microsoft Office 365 so that my employee can work better by interacting with the clients directly over the internet, but, this regretfully seems to be a wrong decision for me as the messages that are send from this server take long time to reach the destination other than this it some of them are never reach out e-mail servers please help as we cannot afford to lose such important e-mail .

Re: Delay in receiving inbound emails via Office 365

I had just installed that and found that absolutely simple to use but, I think that it s more on similar to Microsoft outlook, we can do the same things in Microsoft outlook with some extra modification in it, I would like to tell you that this type of error may be possible be caused due to the network tools that you are using on your server , can you just post back the details of the networks tools that are currently used by your server so that we can help you out in a much better way . More on I get a accurate reply I suggest you to contact Microsoft service center as they would help you in a much better way.

I am using an NS record tool that and there are in named as ns1 and ns2 on my server and my Mx server reads as 0i.mail.eo.outlook.com as I have not been used to computer I do not know where to find the server name, but somehow as per my understanding I have give you the server name I hope that is the correct one. And for the suggestion of contacting Microsoft service center , I have already did that and they said they would take some more time to sort the problem, but I don ‘t have that much time so I finding a solution my way .

That might just be an error while moving your DNS (domain name space to the) office 365 while you are using some extremely huge TTL for this one, So if you are using that then this might be a problem , Above that I strongly suggest you to send direct mails from different account from different server names including the hotmail , yahoo , Gmail and many more , try sending 3 e-mails from each server and see how many of them reach on time , and how many of them do not , also see that if the same thing happens when you send an e-mail internally .

I have done as you have said and concluded that it takes 5 plus hour to take a Gmail mail to reach my account and email account send from hotmail reach almost instantly and instantly but the mail that is send from the yahoo never reaches my account More on, the mails the that are send internally reach almost in the same movement. Would the TTL that I am using is causing the problem please help as my problem is still not solved.

I think all the e-mail that are released from the mail server have an expiration timer set in that, so they don‘t reach on your server before timer then that would is not the fault that is caused by the Microsoft and you, this is the problem that is done from the Google, and the yahoo mail server that send the e-mail with a 48 hours expiration timer. If you have set the ttl to high before moving your server ( DNS sever ) then you would surely have to wait for rest of the time .

Hey thanks for the replies I have found out a solution for this and I need to say that this is the have solved my problem, I just have to change a setting in the firewall and that solved my problem I wished that I had some better way out from this , I previously though that there were other issues related to this but then the issue s was write simple and I never that that could ever be a issue with office 365 that I was using .