Thread: Importing PST files into Microsoft Office 365

Importing PST files into Microsoft Office 365

I have been using Microsoft office 365 for 4 days now but, I am still do not have a grip on this as I previously had on the Microsoft outlook 2010.There are many reason that often tell me that I do need get more knowledge about Office 365 so as I get my things running faster and bug free , A thing that is making me constantly think about this is that current I an not been able to import a mail in the .pst extension into an office 36 mailbox ,does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve this problem.

Re: Importing PST files into Microsoft Office 365

Hey, I think the method that you have been trying would be wrong and you could connect it in a wrong way more over, I would suggest you to go towards the issue in a simpler way by connecting your outlook 2010 account with the Office 365 account , AS that would be a easy option for you as importing file in the .pst format in outlook is pretty simple and requires no previous knowledge about it , and then use the outlook to import the files on the Office 365 platform .

I think that is not possible to do without outlook 2010 as that one is only possible to use when the Microsoft Online services Migration Tools. To make this work on Office 365 you need to go to the to install exchange server on your site and then use the import and export command that are there on the screen Using this option you can easily migrate a .pst file extension to any office 365 mailbox without having any glitches or errors .

There is also another way to solve your problem and that is through to IMAP server, you can migrate from your current IMAP server to any of the server that is present there (BY any I mean Exchange server or control panel that is present there). With this way the user can also use the same setup to synnronize the mail account your phone or your pc or even on your other cloud account this synchronization method id often useful for the migrating or importing .pst file to your mail box.

Hey, I had a similar problem and did not knew that there were so many ways of importing a .pst file, when I first created an account, but I tried out the same procedure using remote power shell option and that worked for me , to do this you just need to cmdlets in the shell, to use in this command you need to have a management role in the “Mailbox import and Export role ., Be sure that you type this in your command prompt before you have started running the code in the New-ManagementroleAssignmetn with the user name at the end of the statement . After that follow the normal steps and that may help your import .pst file

Hey thanks for all the replies that you guys gave me I never knew that there were some many way to solve the same the same problem , all thank to you guys , I have still not tried the methods that you have stated here , as the first method that you have given worked for me . But, really agonize for the late replies as I was not been able to tell you that the first reply worked for me , but still this may help other people the more option to solve this problem.