Thread: How to create and place Checkboxes and Textboxes control in MS excel

How to create and place Checkboxes and Textboxes control in MS excel

I am having the latest MS excel in my computer and that means MS excel 2010 and I want to create a user form I want to create two forms one is to enter the data and another is to select if it is added data and it is in another via a user form. I am keeping the MS excel as the backend and VBA as the front end But in this case I was not able to work on the MS excel I was not knowing that how to make the form and how to place and create Checkboxes and the Textboxes control in the MS excel or in VBA. Please help me in creating the Checkboxes and the Textboxes control. Thanking all in advanced

Re: How to create and place Checkboxes and Textboxes control in MS excel

I am a excel programmer and I am knowing that how to add and remove or how to place and create Checkboxes and the Textboxes control by using the VBA you have to first open the visual basic window and then click on the ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddFormControl and after that you have to do some measurements in the xlCheckBox, Left = Cells(1,1). And after that Left + 5, Top = Cells (1, 1) and after that Top, Width: =Cells (1,1). And after that the Column Width * 7, and the Height: =Cells (1, 1).Row Height. This will place and create Checkboxes and the Textboxes control in the MS excel or in VBA.

In this case think that you should avoid designing dynamically user forms. You have to first think and then analyze that what is needed and what you want before making the user forms. Firstly you have to design the user forms and then you have to make the user forms so that you will get the idea that where will the checkbox and the textbox will come in this place. Then you have to use the frames, tab strips, and multipage and then you have to make some of the elements visible and invisible. I hope that this will help you.

From the discussion going on I think that you can also make the design dynamically the only thing you have to do is to keep the coding of the user form as simple, easy and as fast as possible this is only to your benefit that means the user benefits. In this case you are trying to learn the VBA, so in the dynamically designing is as qualified and as “multi-advanced” for the VBA that means visual basic.

I would like to recommend you that are you referring to the main user forms? And how are you trying to open or need to open the VB Editor and it is in (ALT + F11) and then you have to insert it into the menu click on the user forms. So in this case there is the toolbox that is having the most common controls on the VB editor. You have to just use the Application.ScreenUpdating = False and then you have to write the code in these two statements.

You have to make the form and from the window that you have selected you have to just double click and then click on the checkbox and the controls which is inside the toolbox. However in the toolbox window you have to check the box icon image and then it may be located in the different location which is located inside the toolbox of the window. You have to make the checkbox that should be selected and then you have to press the F4 key which is located on the keyboard.

If you are thinking of making something sound when you click on the checkbox you have to just click on the sound checkbox and then a check mark will appear which is inside the sound check box. And after that you have to click on the sound checkbox and then click on the sound checkbox in several more times and after that you have to disappear from the sound check box. Then the checkbox will sound something when it has been clicked.