Thread: How to merge multiple sheets and migrate the same in excel

How to merge multiple sheets and migrate the same in excel

In the first example, I make the names of two worksheets and enter a "migration date" on the first page that comes from the second sheet. A wrinkle: there are plenty of dates in the first sheet. The dates of the second sheet may override the dates of the first sheet, but if there is a name that matches on the second sheet, data related to any other date must remain intact. For example, if I have a name abcx on the primary sheet and another sheet, and on the second sheet, I have to migrate the list abcx 3/07/2011, the data must be entered by the process on the first page.

Re: How to merge multiple sheets and migrate the same in excel

You may have complexity to extend this way out to the size of my database spreadsheet, with about 10,000 entries in general - and there are a few columns in every row that have occupied the columns, but not others, so copy and paste the formula to all the columns as to the dates (or any added field in which I might necessitate a formula, for that matter) can be a problem. Can you think of a way to express the search or the party so it can be applied to all rows in the spreadsheet, or perhaps a way to organize data differently.

I tried the usual formula, Marvin. It toiled on the case is a very easy piece of sports, but in the real database I have is the name of the column A, as its name in the instance of the sport, but the date - the date of migration is Column M in the main sheet (which as well has about 10,000 lines), and the date you want to extract in column G in this particular sheet in the merger (though not necessarily the case for a merger that might do next week).

I think what I need to figure out how I can make these rows and columns, flexible and varied, without losing the context and accuracy. In some cases, you may need to increase the size of the second row of the table, if the name does not appear in the first sheet. Is not that what we need now, anyway. Today, what I necessitate is to reconcile the names (both of which spreadsheet column, and a sheet two). I'll get the date in column g of the equivalent two rows of tables, and insert in column M of a worksheet.

I received a lot of mileage out of the help that came before, and I've been able to apply to a number of different scenarios, as I had hoped and expected, so thank you very much! I have a twist in the case mix, this time, I have a list of accounts to migrate to a new system, and I have the power users in Active Directory that exist today. I've found a way to identify the entries in the list of accounts of migration, and also to create a combined list of two accounts of migration and users in Active Directory.

Now I have combined data from these two books, and I VLOOKUP as mentioned above for the pooled data. Here's the problem, I will try to articulate it differently, I hope you can help. Active Directory's book has entries for a couple of thousands of accounts to migrate book. However, the fields in the two books are not a party one by one, although there are six or seven commons. What I do is add to the bottom of the accounts to migrate all the rows that are in Active Directory, but not in the accounts of the migration a. In my attached example, the book with the largest number of entries is the Active Directory.