Thread: Office 365: Cant Rename Exchange Online account in Outlook

Office 365: Cant Rename Exchange Online account in Outlook

I created a series of accounts and connect to Outlook. Works awesome. Now I'm going to switch to user@example.com. Based on another thread, just type the credentials of new email works, and so on. And it does. Therefore, the final detail that does not work. I go to Outlook to change the name to simply the description of the account to show that changed the name in the list of email accounts. On the other hand, that does not change the navigation pane on the left side. This is updated to my hotmail account, Gmail, and IMAP accounts. How I can do this?

Re: Office 365: Cant Rename Exchange Online account in Outlook

Before going on, what specifically would like to achieve? Are you trying to configure it to your mailbox Office 365 can send its own connection as either a yahoo.com account or a hotmail account or something else? The area of Outlook you are trying to change has no impact on the sending or receiving email. The place where the name change is just a sample of the name of the mailbox you are accessing. In an Exchange account that the information is automatically set as the display name of the mailbox you are using.

If you send another account through Outlook, which is really very simple. Right turn: the field in the configuration of Outlook. When you create a new mail message will see your username Office 365. Just erase and write the address to send and be sent from this account instead. You should be able to use it to send on behalf of all accounts that have been added related accounts.

I'm trying to create a process by simply moving a small business Office365 using the minimum number of steps, at least the number of visits to the desktop and end user on the planet right forward. Currently, adding an Exchange account to Outlook is permanent. To be removed and add a new account or will not be depicted as user@example.onmicrosoft.com in Outlook for the rest of his life. This makes any kind of transition familiarity not possible with no jumping via loops on each client.

There are a few things here that you can have the wrong idea. If you create an account user, Exchange Online to connect to this account in Outlook, and after that alter the domain of the portal user, the Outlook profile is mechanically updated. From the instant you get and send e-mails in its place of user @domain.com. I do not know where he acquired the thought that the proviso who has Outlook means that you are continually wedged in Outlook as onmicrosoft.com, but it is incorrect.

We have seen widely in the various ways you can install and configure the Office client applications 365. In this case, it seems you might be approaching the status of a non-ideal and unusual, perhaps because they're on the same page as to how to properly set up these accounts. If you have any questions during the process, please consult with us and we will be happy to provide clear and definitive answers.