Thread: Is there any Alternative to public folders in Microsoft office 365

Is there any Alternative to public folders in Microsoft office 365

I try to search for the public folders in Microsoft office 365. But I can’t find anywhere, so I understand that public folders are not obtainable in Office 365. Can you please recommend an unconventional way for us to split the emails that we presently have filed in public folders? Anyone have any idea or any useful information for this? I really not understand from where I find this. So please know me some alternative for this.

Re: Is there any Alternative to public folders in Microsoft office 365

We are able to reach a sharing feature called e-mail from a shared mailbox in Exchange Online. Common Mailbox is a mailbox that many users can unlock a read and send e-mail. Shared mailboxes to a group, users can view and send e-mail to a mailbox policy. We have hundreds of email messages stored on our public folders and are able to move their files and e-mail within a 365 forward. See the following article to create a shared mailbox in ECP.

I managed to create a shared mailbox I have called the "Public Folders" to facilitate, and have also added, so it is listed under his mailbox. However, I can create new folders in the "Public Folders" - this option is disabled. I have not yet entered into our e-mail 365, but wonder if I can still move public folders. It would be a lot of switch for us. We are a small company with only 3 users and programming skills to be zero.

You can also use SharePoint to create a discussion forum (also known as a listserv). As with the calendars and contacts, the creative process is very simple - select View All Site Content, click the Create button and select the link in the column on the discussion of communications. As they have done before, complete the information for Name, Description and fast connection settings, click the Create button.

Public folders are now valid for archiving documents, which provides a central location where users can easily access and share documents. Exchange administrators have found over the years, this is one of the most important uses of the forms, which are public folders so clumsy. Not only does this cause an increase in the Exchange database folder, I / O public, it also has an impact on replication across the Exchange infrastructure. SharePoint libraries offer an excellent alternative, the demand for the dismantling of the bag and its resources.

If you have allocated the same full access consents to the "Public Folders" public mailbox, you should be able to make folders on the shared mailbox. I just confirm that the "New Folder" is available in Outlook and "Make New Folder" is available in OWA Exchange shared mailbox. When you can create new folders in the shared mailbox, you can export the existing public folders in a PST file, and then import the "public domain" in the "public" mailbox.