Thread: How to send an email via office 365 from custom domain

How to send an email via office 365 from custom domain

I created two domains (verified), Office 365 - is the "onmicrosoft.com" and the other my custom domain. I am able to only appear to send email with the "onmicrosoft.com" however I would like to send my custom domain, however all the way through the Office 365. They do not would like to create a latest user. Is this probable or am I wedged through the unique "onmicrosoft.com" domain used for email, etc? I am sure that you guys will help me to solve this issue.

Re: How to send an email via office 365 from custom domain

You are able to change a user's primary e-mail to change your username within the administration section of the online portal. In User Management, click, and after that select the user you would like to modify. I would suggest you to Go to the Properties section, and then from there modify the username to utilize your custom domain and once you done with it then click save. Note that you cannot edit the properties of the account you're logged in as. Log on to another administrator account (produce a latest one if you include one) to edit the properties of the first administration.

If you followed the instructions for changing the primary email address via user name, after that yes, Outlook 2010 will have in the direction of reconfigure the latest user name to connect to your Office 365. Is that what you meant? You be supposed to not have affected the real prospects for the 2010 interface. Please share this information then it’s easy to answer me regarding to your query. Thank you.

The moment I did modify the primary email address, I started receiving error messages through Lync, Outlook, etc. used for this reason, I anticipate making this change until the weekend on the way to minimize the problems of email (that changed the email back). Am I accurate that for my custom domain to comprise the similar purpose as the "onmicrosoft.com" domain), I have to set the name servers of my custom domain point to the Microsoft domain?

For services toward Office 365 to work through your domain, you necessitate the corresponding DNS record. Small Business Plan completes this through having to position their nameservers at the office 365; consequently that Microsoft is able to automatically produce the necessary records and update them as essential. During this process, the mail should not be missed, not only be a period of time that some messages are going to your old mail server and some go to the office 365, as records are updated from around the world.

Subsequent to changing the DNS records on top of servers within Office 365, what happens to the "onmicrosoft.com" domain and e-mails there, etc? Is the whole thing simply ended through the identical user? For case in point, during this period, simultaneously as my domain is being reconfigured, I've been through my "onmicrosoft.com" email address. How I am able to set things so that I keep getting emails addressed to that account, while in the future, I am using the email address on my custom domain.