Thread: How to import external contacts as a CSV file in Microsoft office 365

How to import external contacts as a CSV file in Microsoft office 365

I found a way to add external contacts, one by one line change (office 365), save for I would like to load a CSV file, is that probable? I am able to upload a CSV file in the direction of my personal email contacts, however not shared through my coworkers that way. I tried to find about this on internet but still I am not able to find any information about it. So now I am out of ideas. Please share your knowledge with me thank you.

Re: How to import external contacts as a CSV file in Microsoft office 365

Hello I am not able to understand your question. Basically what you want to perform? Do you want to do this because you are not able to add external user or you want to do it because you want to make some internal connection. Please first tell this information without this I cannot explain you how to perform this. Because it’s very hard to give any explanation for improper information. I hope you will provide whole information about it.

Thank you for your speedy response. I do not wish for to append external users, however external contacts. The reason I would like to accomplish is that contacts are not collective among domestic users, unless you add external contacts. Nevertheless, you are able to only add an external contact on the way to Outlook within Office 365. I climb a lot of contacts through the outside, save for I am able to simply upload a lot of private Outlook contacts that I cannot share through my colleagues.

You be supposed to be able to perform this through Shell remote power, with the New-MailContact. This way, you are able to write a script on the way to import from a CSV file, and travel, New-MailContact calling on top of every item. We comprise over 500 contacts on top of our SBS and just found out that it is able to be introducing into '365 - a top foo par no! I hope this will clear your doubt. Thank you.

Hello thank you for your reply. I utilize Power Shell as a test and was clever to introduce the test contacts. One question though, what are the import schema name, surname, address, phone numbers, and the company? I cannot discover the email address and display name, save for I cannot appear to discover the rest of the information. I appreciate your help. If you have any additional information then please tell me. I am waiting for your replies.

To introduce personal contacts within the contacts folder 365 personal offices, you are able to utilize Outlook or OWA to perform this. To import personal contacts within a place where others are able to access the similar contact list, then you can use SharePoint. To export contacts in the facilities of an Exchange or SBS within your office 365 global address list (GAL), you are able to think with DirSync or PowerShell cmdlets on the way to complete this. We are working on several options to make this easier in the future.

No cmdlets built to import contacts, but the custom script would be something quite trivial. It would have to utilize early warning systems that are able to be accessed from Powershell or a language similar to C #. We wrote a quantity of code migration to import the contacts of every users and calendar items commencing our old UNIX mail system and still encompass the code. I am sure this will clear your confusion if you want to know more about it then go to the official site of outlook there you will get this information thank you.