Thread: Getting choppy audio on VLC player

Getting choppy audio on VLC player

I am getting a very odd audio on VLC. I am having a system running on Windows 7 Ultimate. I had recently installed VLC on the same. I had also updated it to the newest version. I am trying to play some hd videos on it. For audio I am using headphones. The audio quality is very bad here. The sound quality is worst. I am not able to watch any video and I am getting this issue only on VLC.

Can be a codec issue. I will recommend you to test the same video in some other video player. Like Media Player Classic. Download this and install it in your system. You can also add K-Lite Codec pack with it. Then try to play those videos and see whether the audio quality is good or not. If not then your video itself has this problem. It is not properly compiled due to which you get that choppy noise. You will have to find a another good quality video.

Re: Getting choppy audio on VLC player

Try to change your audio device. Go in Control Panel > Sound. In that see whether your audio hardware is properly installed and it is working. You can also try updating your drivers which will be bit more helpful. You can find drivers on the basis of your motherboard manufacturer. Just go on the official website and download fresh drivers. Install them in your pc and check back.

Re-installing sound driver can help. And you can do that through Device Manager. Go in that and right click on the sound devices. Choose update drivers. The second thing you have to do is just check whether you have any sound enhancement tool in your system. There are many third party tools through which you can produce good sound effects. If there is any then just uninstall the same.

idea Re: Getting choppy audio on VLC player

Hello Guys, My first post on this forum....

Anyways, I've seen this problem before, I'm not sure if you just re-formatted your machine however, believe it or not most of the time this is a HDD controller device problem. go ahead and update the following:

Chip set driver
    Hard disk controller driver
    BIOS

you should be all set.

Let me know.

Edit: Does it play fine on Windows Media Player/ Itunes? Try going back a version on VLC

Re: Getting choppy audio on VLC player

While a laptop has a sound or motion picture report, and in this laptop statistics translating sound or movie that plays through the sound apparatus. Each sound and different film designs unique require your decoder, or codec. I think there is situation in the sound codec and motion picture codec, so I'd infer to establish the sound codec movie codec or laptop and afterward your situation will be explained come.