Thread: How to get armitage in backtrack5 Linux

How to get armitage in backtrack5 Linux

I’m using backtrack 5 and I was trying to install the armitage in it. What I know is it is fully functional on the backtrack5 and after that when I was trying to start the my sql server for that I had type armitage at the console and I got an warning message stating that java.awt.headless exception occur no display variable had being set but the program had perform the operation . Can anyone suggest me how to terminate that warning for the gui.

Re: How to get armitage in backtrack5 Linux

It’s just an java startup error which is trying to connect to it. Just check the setting and then restart the program again and don’t not try to start the sql armitage as it is running with a postgre. if you want you can get the tutorial for it on net for how to use it and you will also know about the metaspoilt. As the armitage is an graphical user interface version for the metasploit and if you are able to use the metasploit then I’m sure you are able to use the armitage.

Well I’m getting this problem after updating backtrack Linux to the latest version. I think so I I’m getting a java graphical error as I’m running the armitage from the startup beside running it from the command prompt and when I try to open from the prompt I dint get any sort of graphical error. You may also try it to start from the prompt. My problem is I am not able to connect to the internet as the page is getting killed I think so process is getting killed well I’m not sure about it.

I think you might have downloaded an bad copy of armitage due to which you are getting the problem. To check this just type the below code in the terminal
    Code:
    cd /opt/framework3/msf3/data/armitage
    svn up
    And if that doesn’t work then just type the below code:
    tar zxvf armitage042411.tgz
    rm -r /opt/framework3/msf3/data/armitage
    cp /root/armitage /opt/framework3/msf3/data/
    cd /opt/framework3/msf3/data/armitage
    svn up
    if it shows some error then uninstall the software and then download different copy and install it again.

You just need to search for the tutorial for how to setup the armitage which will be going to penetrate the testing on the backtrack5 you can even search for how to setup the backtrack5 without making use of command line. And I think the setup for backtrack 5 armitage is much more simple then others. For this you just need a backtrack5, mysql or postrage sql and java and even metasploit and if you want the latest update then for that just run apt-get.

You should search for the documentation about the armitage on the website and there you will be going to get the information for how to connect the armiate with the metasploit and for updating the armitage just type svn update in the prompt and there you will be going to get the latest update from the server. You can use that code for the development of your system. I hope you will learn a lot from it and make your system is more better and have a security professional.

You just need to search for the tutorial for how to setup the armitage which will be going to penetrate the testing on the backtrack5 you can even search for how to setup the backtrack5 without making use of command line. And I think the setup for backtrack 5 armitage is much more simple then others. For this you just need a backtrack5, mysql or postrage sql and java and even metasploit and if you want the latest update then for that just run apt-get.