Thread: Never install AMD 11.6 Drivers

Never install AMD 11.6 Drivers

I have just experience this, that’s why I am just aware you from this. It’s like a caution. I am saying this just because they causing lots of stuffs like: system crash, blue screen of death and unbalanced functioning PC. I have troubles and wanted to reinstall windows two times. Anyone else here who also had this experience of this? Please know me more about this. Truly appreciated your responses.

Re: Never install AMD 11.6 Drivers

I just attempted installing it on my 3rd rig, HD5770, and I got to confess, this is the foremost time I have had such a trouble with an official Cat driver. I had blue screen of death on first setup, on reinstall, I would get a restart and the driver didn't attach. I went back to Cat 11.5 another time and all’s okay, avoiding Cat 11.6 at all means! Not a disclosure that AMD will necessitate to release more hotfixes for their drivers.

Earlier than installing drivers 11.6 I was utilizing 11.5 and was fine. But later than installing 11.6 I went back to 11.5 and have similar troubles like in 11.6. So I simply reinstalled windows and installed 11.5, similar trouble, blue screen of death, windows collide and so on, it’s strange. I was just thoughts that drivers 11.6 broked my graphic card, so I necessitated to re-setup windows another time because system clean crashing all the time later than Welcome Screen. Installed 11.4 and for now functioning well.

They worked completely well for me. So did quite much each edition earlier than them too. It must be somewhat else incorrect with your rig that's causing the trouble. You don't require using dull driver sweepers or other I think. You don't even necessitate uninstalling the existing earlier than installing the new one. Just reason to ever do over that is while you are having a trouble. So, uninstall the drivers totally, and reinstall them fresh. At a standstill don't bother with dull driver cleaners though.

Do you occur to be utilizing a dual GPU card or multi-card CrossFireX pattern? There is a known trouble with atikmdag.sys deafening on Windows load with a system service omission while CrossFireX is enabled. I have been having that occur intermittently as 10.3 (while bezel recompense was commenced). The majority of the time it will boot just well, but after that mysteriously crash a billion times earlier than booting fine again.

Here I just wish to add something after seeing over post. I didn't say you were thick, or make any comments of any type regarding your intelligence at all. But that at a standstill doesn't make impractical driver cleaners or any additional garbage essential to "install it right", because they aren't. There is a cause that driver installers do not unfix earlier software by default. Driversweeper causes as many troubles as it detaches.

I just updated from 11.5 to 11.6 and having no troubles on my 6950 Xfire. I am just deducing that these drivers are functioning well for the latest series of AMD/ATI cards and not so immense for anything out of the 6000 series. Anyway, good luck to you all who are having troubles. I have utilized the similar technique for updating graphic drivers for as extensive as I can memorize. Uninstall through the control panel, restart, setup fresh driver, and again restart.

I must say that not at all utilized driver sweeper. I am certain it's helped out a few in the past, but I have not at all had a trouble I couldn't crack without it. The just utility programs I utilize are Ccleaner, msi afterburner and the CCC, and a pair of other trivial ones to examine temps. Just have played some semi older games as updating. L4D2, Dawn of War 2, and Fallout New Vegas. I will surly update if I am having troubles with latest games. I would say if you are having no troubles with your computer and you got a fresher video card, don't be scared of this update it should work well.