Thread: Unable to start the STEAM in offline mode

Unable to start the STEAM in offline mode

I am using windows xp and I have installed steam on my machine. I am using steam via Internet Explorer and everything was running very smooth. From last week I have found that my steam is not working properly. Now whenever I am trying to run the steam on a offline mode I am getting a error message saying "Could not connect to the Steam Network". I am not able to understand whether this is the problem with the Internet Connection or via steam network. Can you please help me our friends, I am not able to play games from last week.

Re: Unable to start the STEAM in offline mode

I would like to suggest you to make some changes on the web browser that you’re using and after that you are able to start the steam on the offline. Open properties of the internet explorer check on Always Dial my Default connection check box and after that after that choose the never dial a connection. Now once you done this and after that restart the system and after that your able to start the steam in offline mode.

Even I have faced this similar issue and I have gone through the lots of forums to get solved the issue of the steam but none of them helped me to solve the steam issue and after that when I call the support and they have solve my issue. You get this issue because of LAN connection and so I would like to suggest you to disable the LAN Connection and after that go offline on the steam and after that re-enable the LAN Connection again and after that you issue is resolved.

I would like to suggest you to follow the below steps and let me know if the issue still persists.
    • First start the steam online and while doing this make sure that password box on the login window is checked.
    • Now make sure your all game are updated and after that go to the library section and under that look at the status of updated(game shows as 100% - Ready it is ready to be played in Offline Mode).
    • Now launch the game on the offline mode and after that you will won’t get the any issue.
    • I hope this will help you to solve your issue.

Just follow the below steps and after that let me know if you're unable to resolve it.

Open Steam > Click on Settings (Do not save your account credentials on your machine)
    Goto Steam > Goto Steam Menu > Go Offline.
    Restart your machine while keeping steam in offline mode.
    Start your steam you could see you're offline.