Thread: Need to have steam chat without running steam

Need to have steam chat without running steam

My idea is to allow people to talk to friends of steam, even without running out of steam. This should be done by:
    1. Open source component vapor chat clients for third party (such as Pidgin or Trillian) could implement
    2. Allowing the owners of steam has a sub-account ", or just another way to enter (the password is, we can further create / edit / delete) with only the ability to chat.

Pros
    • People can talk to friends of steam, yet if they have installed the Steam client, except also in environments such as Linux or Mac, where the vapor is hard to work well.

Cons
    • People are less ads in games and questionably the valve to create fewer money

Re: Need to have steam chat without running steam

It seems somewhat arbitrary and meaningless to me. No offense. I think it would be good, but if could get steam chat running the WebKit IE or inside web browsers so you will resolve and will be able to enter the site of the Commonwealth of steam from a Mac or PC or iPhone and chat there. They necessitate a great deal less work than the development of the API across manifold platforms or have a chat session / components for the identical service.

This the wrong way, some like it is integrated into Steam, and does not want to be independent. I do not think that's what you're aiming correct. You should only ask for a substitute, and then you will have much less unenthusiastic commentary. And you should by no means use the steam connection in a public place, too dangerous. So I do not see why this is essential. Unless you get dissimilar log-in details of the friends of their steam, but I think it could make things a bit complicated.

Damn stupid idea, no offense. Steam already acts as a chat client, there is no cause to export it to one more group of clientele, and there is merely no motive at all. If you do not want to see the ads, you can disable know. Settings => Interface => inform me. New versions of the game. For those who want to use steam in the school, moreover learn to hack school computers (very easy) and install Steam, or if your school computers are not restricted just install Steam. But most schools have vapor locked in firewall , so look to my suggestion below me and try to push in that direction.

Well, that's a bit ludicrous. The steam Chat takes place, clearly, in order to easily join their friends in the game to put off people having to ALT + TAB out of the game every the time, and copy and paste IP addresses every the time. It was intended to be "social" as the most ordinary instant messaging (even though, by extension "social"). MSN is closed source, plug-ins are uncommon. Same for ICQ .All very customizable instant messages words are only used by few people, compared with the set.

I sought after my vote for this suggestion. I have more than a few friends who do not use other instant messaging programs while in steam, as the ruins of their games (does minimize). Even when they cannot be at home gives me a way to talk to them, without interfering in the session. Yes, I be acquainted with this is an old thread, but in attendance is no reason to open at slightest the protocol and let the community do the work for you, Valve.

What about making a break up "portable steam", this will agree to the library to commence the client self-governing gaming community vapor. As a consequence, the chat client can work through a proxy at school / work. Users who wish for to run normal vapor can do, and then people who would like to divide can also, IT could be similar to the steam chat on my notebook, and the complete program on the desktop.

I'm unwell of entering my password as soon as switching stuck between my laptop and desktop so I am capable to converse to clients of steam. I stopped up using msn, chat since most of steam is much more dependable and fewer complete swelling children. That would positively be helpful to be able to access my account on my main PC usually, and then also only the chat on my laptop, clearly, without the option to play my games on two different machines. It seems human nature for people to assume that their needs are those of others, and if it is necessary that it’s a bad idea. You are not the center of the universe.