Thread: Converted cassette to wav file but no sound

Converted cassette to wav file but no sound

There were lots of old music cassettes were laying at my home. Yesterday I decided to convert them and store it in my computer. The format which I have chosen to covert it is WAV format. However I have configured all the things which are necessary to convert the cassettes to WAV files. However while doing this thing I cannot hear any sound from the speakers. My computer is currently running with Windows 7.

Re: Converted cassette to wav file but no sound

I assume you previously have a cassette deck. All you require currently is the correct cables frequently a 1/8th inch jack - you might require an adaptor. The essential procedure is the similar: you play the tape, and your computer converts it (in coincident) into a .WAV file. After that you pull this into e.g. iTunes, and translate it into mp3 otherwise burn the .WAV directly to disc to create a playable disc. And you require the correct software, certainly.

The first is a good capture from tape, and line out, not that of the helmets. The second is to filter out the hiss of the tape, for this I recommend the Noise Reduction 2 of Sonic Foundry, and thirdly we could use an aural exciter. In a tape cassette, frequencies above 12 kHz do not exist, but the human ear can hear up to 20 KHz, so a cassette sounds to us "poor". Aural Exciter is a little more than a harmonic generator, so with it you can generate some of the harmonics that are lost, let's say you lose in fidelity, but probably will sound nicer.

First you must connect the cassette player (or other tape) to the Line-in of the soundcard (usually blue) using a mini-plug stereo 1 / 8 "both ends are male. To activate the line input on the computer , look at the bottom right of the desktop (the notification area ) and the volume icon to double click . Enable "input line" from Options -> Properties option and select Adjust volume for recording (or Recording). Now we have to turn the mini component or walkman and see if the music is heard through the speakers of the PC. There are many programs that can record audio: Windows Media, Musicmatch, Match Jukebox, etc..

You have your system via AUX output with the line input to connect to your PC's! Then with the wave editor to take you under Start, Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Sound Recorder can find. If the recording is finished you have a wave file before you. To this file to an mp3 you need a converter to convert.

Cassette To WAV Plus you can duplicate cassette tapes like WAV PCM files, ACM WAV as well as MP3 files on your computer, through capability to notice the part of silence among tracks on the tape and split the recording into tracks routinely can choose the frequency of sampling rate, bits as well as channels of PCM WAV files in addition to format plus codec ACM WAV files

You speak you would like to save your tape recordings like WAV files. This will get numerous storage spaces. If you accumulate the files like 256kb MP3s the superiority will be the similar like for WAV except the filesize will be regarding 10 times slighter. While you record an MP3 you can put it toward 128 (tape quality), 192, 256 otherwise 320 (CD quality). I can't inform the dissimilarity among a WAV as well as a 320 MP3, except if you favor to make use of WAVs that will be ok. You can write music files (moreover WAV otherwise MP3) to disc and they will play. Just keep in mind to 'finalize' the CD within the burning software settings or else it won't work.