Thread: Failed to write Dual Layer DVD with NERO

Failed to write Dual Layer DVD with NERO

Hello friends, I am thinking to write a DL DVD through 7.5GB size of data. I am having some problem with that. After the first layer1 it aborts the burning process and shows me the error message which says that it failed to burn it. I tried all the things that I know to resolve the problem but it was all useless. Can you please suggest me some good solution for resolving this. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Failed to write Dual Layer DVD with NERO

My suggestion to you is to go to the manufacturer's website for your drive and then search for the newest driver for it. I am saying that because I think that the problem is with the driver. It may be problem that either driver is corrupted or it is outdated. In any case, updating the driver will resolve the problem. So this is the first thing that you need to try in this case and see if that helps you. If that doesn’t solve the problem then reply back so that we can give you some other solution for this.

There might be some problem with the version of the Nero that you are using in your computer. You will have to update the version of it if this is the problem in your case. If you want to do that than just go to the Nero control Center and from there select the option for the Check for Updates. It will check for the update and if the update is available for this then install that on your computer and that may resolve the problem for you. Before doing that, make sure that you are having the proper internet connection.

Dual Layer DVD is the mainly exacting things that you can burn and I am not able to recognize that why you are not making use of the Verbatim DVD+R DL media, in any case for your primary copy. You will get two speed ranges and you will have to have accurate speed range to match ability of the drive. Disk Utility may show you some of the warnings regarding the speeds at which the drive as well as media can carry out. I do not recognize that why you are not making use of the Disk Utility.

If you are having the corrupted installation of the Nero in your computer then you will get the problem like this. It can be considered as one of the most possible reason for this issue. For this issue, you can simply uninstall the Nero from your computer and then install that again to see if the problem is getting resolved or not. I have some of the similar cases where reinstalling helps and so I wish that it will help for you as well. Good Luck!!!

If you are having higher burning speed for burring it then also you may get such issues. What you can do is just trying by lowering the burn speed and see if that can do the work for you. I was also having the similar problem earlier and doing the same resolves the issue for me and I wish that it will also help you to resolve the problem. Please reply back that if this helps you or not.