Thread: Just 8 of my 16 cores visible in Task manager

Just 8 of my 16 cores visible in Task manager

My friend and I have recently built a new system with 4 CPU Quad core. And now it is forming a 16 Quad core. And I am having the operating system of windows 7 and in the in the operating system manager I have seen that the windows 7 detecting all my 16 processor but when I am opening the task manager then I am having only 8 Quad cores present in that. I thought that I should install a PRO Toll and I installed it and I think that this program for the audio and this program is like I can assign as many as core I want to assign to this application. And I was able to choose only 1 to 8. So the computer is working only half. To fix this problem I checked in the bios but I was unable to solve the problem. So please help me.

Re: Just 8 of my 16 cores visible in Task manager

I want to know that which version you are using of windows 7. I suggest you that the cap is how many processors may detect if you are not having the ultimate version. But I think that the even when it is unlimited it is limited to 2 and when you are on the 4 and they want to fork out the cash for the edition of the enterprise.

Sorry for giving you the half information but I am having the operating system of windows 7 and I am having it on the x64 bits and I think that it is up to date. And the configuration of my computer is having Tyan Thunder n4250QE (S4985), and the 4 X Opteron 8147, and it is also having HE 24 GB of ram DDR2, with Windows 7 Ultimate x64. And I think that the operating system can support up to 256 cores, versus 64 in the vista. Thank you for asking me the questions.

You should try to run the server 2008 edition and it is very close to windows XP and I think that the XP pro 64 bit works and it doesn’t matters that what versions of the windows 7 does it support 2 sockets. You can use this as a workstation by manually installing the Microsoft windows server 2008. You can also use the work station of windows server made by the SAWO if you want to make the whole process automatic. You can find on the internet to make the workstation. But if you are having it supports the positive about it.

You should do the following steps to solve the problem.
    • Check the bios and then see if it provides the same information
    • If you are having the correct information and then re-install the windows and then test the version of the windows
    • You have to open up the rig and then try to install the CPU.
    • You have to open the rig and then take the CPU out and then throw it out of the window

If you are having the operating system or the multiple system then the number of processors to be used by the operating system. I think that this can be solved by the troubleshooting and then debugging to determine the problem with the help of the single processor. Or for the programmer to test the code. Windows 7 uses all the processors cores by default.

Thank you for giving me the replies and I am thinking that the problem will be solved with the help of trouble shooting the computer that I am using and you said that I have to format the computer and then again install the operating system of windows 7 and now I have solved the problem.