Thread: Disabling Credential Manager in HP Notebook?

Disabling Credential Manager in HP Notebook?

Guys how to disable this particular feature in the hp notebooks, can you all please tell me here. Everytie I am in to the login purpose then I am constantly bombarded with the pop ups saying that to remember the login details. So that’s what I think is quite frustrating over here, so that’s why I need a change over here. I just need to disable this kind of feature in my notebook. I did try looking for many of the options in the internet for the solutions but sadly I did not get anything out of it. so guys I need an advise from you all as if what I can do In this situation, so that I can disable the particular feature here. I do not want to store the user name as well as the password in it, so I do not want it but still the pop ups do come up and it is really irritating sometimes. So do advise something on this I am waiting for the solution from you all.

Re: Disabling Credential Manager in HP Notebook?

I have got some simple steps for you. so here goes the steps for you.
    1) First go to the control panel and from there HP ProtectTools Security Manager. There you will find the Credential Manager. Now inside it you will get the option of using the credential manager to logon, just in check that option and the problem will be solved.
    2) I have one more solution for you and that is to go in the control panel in the Programs and Features, uninstall the particular Credential Manager from there itself.
    So do try and one of the solution from there and any one of them will solve the problem for you.

Thanks a lot for the co operation that you have made here for the issue. so thanks a ton for the same. still I have a issue here. The thing is that I had a check about the same and what I want is that to disable Credential Manager for a single user and not the entire system. I have really no issues with my machine simply because it is password protected, that is ok for me. I only want that the password protection should e disabled for only one user and that is me and no one else should have this right. I hope you all have understood the exact question of mine. So please reply on that I am waiting for the exact solutions from you all.

Ok then do one thing I am telling you one simple solution for the problem. See here is the simple solution for you. press ctrl + alt + del. Now by pressing the combination, go to the change user. There you will get he credential manager and now do one thing select logon using the wizard. Now below there you will get more such options. Select that and opt for ‘do not login with credential manager’ option. So do that and let me know If that works out or not. So that is what I am saying here. Do work on it and let me know if the solutions works for you.

Are you aware of the Require Domain Controller authentication? If not then let me tell you that is what I call as the caching of credentials. If you find that option then set that particular option to unlock workstation policy. Also look out for the CachedLogonsCount and if possible then set it to 0. That will solve the problem for you. that is what I am saying here and work on it and let me know if that suggestion sorts out the issue or not.

Ok I will definitely try that 4 th suggestion. certainly seems to me as the perfect solution here. So thanks for giving the necessary suggestion over here. Much appreciate your efforts for the same here and thanks ton for the same. I think so that suggestion will definitelky sort out the issue for me, that’s what it seems for me. so appreciate the thing that you ahev given here and thanks a lot for helping me here.